Would love some fitness buddies :-)

Options
Hi all! My roommate told me about this site as a good way to track your fitness progress so I signed up! Pretty much my life for the past coupla years has consisted of sitting at my computer at work and then sitting at my computer at home editing photos (photography) and I'm at my highest weight ever. (186) My 35th bday is in a few weeks so I decided it's time to get this body back in shape! 4 runs this week so far! Anyone to help keep me accountable (each other :)) would be great! It's much easier to work out if I know people are going to ask me. Let the work outs begin! :) Amy from Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Replies

• Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    good luck i'll send you a request :)
  • criscros08
    criscros08 Posts: 35
    Options
    i-d love to be your workout buddy! currently doing chalean extreme.feel free to add me as a friend!!!l
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a request. Good luck!
  • brimms
    brimms Posts: 1
    Options
    :wink: yep!i would luv to be ur buddy
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. You're in the right place. (By the way, I have family in RC that have lived there for over 30 years).

The one thing I would throw out to you is this: at least 80% of your fitness progress is what you eat. The exercise helps and is a fun barometer of your progress, but there was a time not that long ago when I thought I could eat like crap and exercise my way into fitness.
  • amymarie76
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply & advice! I definitly agree with you. I am more apt to eat healthy / diet than focus on work outs but this time I want to focus on healthy eating (instead of diets) and working out for strength and energy (instead of just to lose a few)... so my goal is to hopefully get both of them on track!
  • amymarie76
    Options
    By the way, congrats on that weight loss! That's awesome!!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I can help remind you to do resistance training as it's my focus this month, add me as a friend if you like,
    cheers
    From New Zealand :-)
    6432523.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter