Hello from Iowa

Options
My wife and I joined Dec 30 and started our new lives on Jan 1. Our doctor (we use the same) calls us "husky". Our BMI's say we are obese. Our doctor says counting calories is the best way to loose weight. This sytem is easy and fun when you have a partner to help you cook and keep track. I think this one will work. Wish us luck as we hope the best for the rest of our myfitnesspal friends.

Replies

• byeuboy
    byeuboy Posts: 25
    Options
    My wife and I joined Dec 30 and started our new lives on Jan 1. Our doctor (we use the same) calls us "husky". Our BMI's say we are obese. Our doctor says counting calories is the best way to loose weight. This sytem is easy and fun when you have a partner to help you cook and keep track. I think this one will work. Wish us luck as we hope the best for the rest of our myfitnesspal friends.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    As a fellow Iowan, I wish you the absolute best of luck! I'm sure you can acheive the goals you are looking for as long as you are honest with yourself and have some motivation! Welcome and let us know if there is anything we can assist with!!:bigsmile:

*kistinbee*
  • mildrede40
    Options
    Welcome, Happy New Year and a new you.
  • byeuboy
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, fellow Iowan. It's almost exciting to be doing this. I hope to look back in the months to come and see the pounds and inches sliding away on my progress charts. Good luck to you from us in Dubuque.
  • byeuboy
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Good luck to you in your goals.
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I am also in Iowa, only about an hour west of Dubuque. What are you doing for exercise while it is cold out? Down right cold out!!
  • byeuboy
    Options
    Yes, cold is not even the right term. Zero here this morning. My wife and I do 30 minutes every evening before we eat. She does the tradmill and I do the eliptical trainer. When it warms up (if it ever does) we plan on walking outside for about 45 minutes in addition to our inside activities.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Since the weather here is Iowa is not so pleasant this time of year, I utilize the gym membership I have. However, before I had that membership, I used hand weights and a stability ball at home as well as some cardio tapes I had purchased. I also used to be a mall walker (usually the youngest one there) but I felt better after I did it. So, gym membership is not necessary but now-a-days I probably couldn't live without it! I've become an addict! :bigsmile:
    *kistinbee*