ergh !!

maxinethestrange
maxinethestrange Posts: 146
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
I know I am not the only one in the world trying to lose weight , or the only one who feels unhappy with how they look. But I am exercising eatting better clothes and weight are coming off but still feel so fat in everything I put on , can not go to the shop and just pick up a top and know it will look good and everyone I work with is the size of a toothpick. I know this is not going to happen over night but is it going to be this hard everyday ? Seems so much easier to just give up and find bigger clothes than be always worried that I will go over my cals and turning down things I love ... sorry I am whining just needed to do it I guess , hope everyone else is feeling a lot better than me today x

Replies

• drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Hi..ive lost a lot of weight and still feel big, i still hate buying clothes and feeling big. But we have to continue on......
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    After I lost 10 pounds for the first time I felt great! But you are right, that self consciousness about clothing is sort of replaced or mixed with a sort of impatience. you want that dress to fit now! You want it to look good and you want your body to reflect all that hard work. It will lol I am even considering buying a dress I know wont fit as a goal. Stay focused! and work hard for what you really want, not what your willing to settle for :)
  • was thinking that myself , was out shopping today coz my partner needed new clothes he was starting to look like a hobo i normally love shopping but all I could bring myself to buy was a hat felt like nothing would fit didnt even want to try it on (Hat is super cute though but still) anyway as I was saying there was a wonderful beautful dress , perfect almost been wanting one almost identical for years now but only went to an size 12(nz) im a 16 and dont even think ill ever be slim enought to get into it so would be a waste of money
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    It seems we are our worst critic when it comes to looks and that is so hard to overcome. Try looking at photos of yourself when before the weight loss and put them nearby when you have down moments. That does help some.
  • Jenalyn
    Jenalyn Posts: 17
    I know this feeling too and I have definitely fallen off the wagon a few times after looking at myself in the mirror - feeling disappointed and thinking "is all this hard work really worth it?"
    I realised I had such a bad attitude towards it all. How I try and see it now is, "It may take 12 weeks (or insert time frame here) to achieve my goal, and that feels like such a loong way away but 12 weeks is going to come whether I like it or not - so where do I wanna be at that point? Still feeling like **** about my body, or happy that I'm finally where I want to be!"
    I know it sucks feeling unhappy now, but one day you will wake up and be soo proud of what you achieved so keep your head up, stick it out and stay on MFP for support when you need it! :)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    :smile: ^^^^^ Very well said !!
This discussion has been closed.