Just joined today - in need of motivational support : )

Options
Good day guys! May I first introduce myself, my name is Erin and i currently live in Bermuda and have done so for the past 3 years. Before that living in Wales UK.

My friend from the UK suggested this website, so i thought why not give it a try. I have bee struggling to lose the 20 lbs i have put on in the last year and its very disheartening. Its very hot here now so it has really put me off exercising in the house or walking the dog. Plus i feel ive lost my motivation and become lazy : (

My eating isnt that bad in the day time but by night, for dinner and snacks after, i am. Maybe its boredom maybe comfort eating but thats where i need help on. I also tend to cook quite bland foods like chicken and veg etc to try and stay away from too many calories but doesnt have too much flavour. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for meals and recipes especially for dinner. I would really appreciate it. I cant fit into most of my clothes, very frustrating as i cant afford to buy new clothes.

Also any words of motivation or support, how you did it etc would be awesome : )

Thanks

p.s. Well done to those who have began their journey of losing weight and reaching their goal!

Replies

• CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome, best weight loss site I've found and it's FREE.

I've found (many other MFP members can attest) that the more consistently you login, the more success you will find in your weight loss endeavors
  • JulieMD
    JulieMD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Julie, and I just started here myself after taking a bit of a break. I know how hard it is to stay motivated. I also know about awful weather.. it's in the upper 90's where I live.
    What I do is get up at 7 and go for a walk or a jog with my dog. She's a great motivater herself =) So, if you aren't opposed to getting up a bit earlier I'd suggest getting active in the morning. It's a great way to just feel good all day, and it helps to make better diet decisions because you can't just say "Oh, I'll burn it off later."

Ya know? =)
    Anyway, welcome!
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined yesterday and I am blown away at what this site has to offer. I put on 40 lbs over the past year after having lost 40 lbs. So I am starting over in my weight loss journey. It takes time but it is well worth the effort. Good luck to you.
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend--I have some of the same issues you do (nighttime eating, etc.), and will offer mutual motivation!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I found that the people here to be a big help and my weight has started to slip off again. I found The Gracious Pantry on FB and then found her here as well and and she has a great site for clean eating and all that I have tried have had good flavor and most have been a hit with my family.

Wishing you the best of luck on your path
    -R-
  • erintumbridge
    erintumbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you guys, i wasnt expecting responses so quickly awwwww.

I have every intention of getting up early enough to exercise, however i dont push myself. I just press snooze and roll over oops. But your right the morning sounds like the perfect time. Evenings for me before sunset are still too hot and when it gets dark i dont really wont to be walking around the area where i live although i do at times. How do you get yourself out the bed? I know earlier nights would help, ive never been a morning person lol

I will definitely come on here at night when i feel that urge. xo

A big thank you for your support and kind messages x
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found that logging what I eat and the exercise that I get in on here is great motivation in and of itself.

1. It keeps me accountable for what i eat, I still enjoy everything I eat but I am definitely becoming more consious of my decisions and finding lower calorie options that are just as yummy!
    2. It helps me keep track of the exercise I am doing and how much I am truly getting in each day! It's a great feeling of accomplishment when you see how many calories you have burned and to know that you did something for you (and your dog, if walking him/her is your exercise).
    3. There are lots of challenges to participate in on the message boards and knowing that you are accountable to more than just yourself helps tremendously; they also give you a goal to work towards; get 100 miles in over the summer for example and there are many others out there.

Feel free to send me a friend invite, I can always use motivation and love to offer motivation when I can. This is the first time in almost 32 years that I have taken my health seriously and decided to improve not only how I look but how I feel! Good luck in your journey!
  • erintumbridge
    Options
    Hey thanks : )

How do you get the exercise tracker? e.g. put a goal for exercise for the month etc?
  • Hip_Dancer
    Hip_Dancer Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome, You will find that logging on here is motivational. I struggle with finding motivation to exercise in the heat and eating in the evenings. I have been here almost 2 weeks and am doing much better. I even lost 6 lbs. Add me if you'd like.
  • JulieMD
    JulieMD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I manage getting up so early.. I just know in my head how guilty I'll feel later if I don't do it since evenings are so hot here, too. And just knowing how bad I'll feel gets me up and running =P Plus, I basically have anywhere I go to myself as no one else is up as early as me to exercise.
  • erintumbridge
    Options
    I just wanted to say well done to those who have started to lose weight and to the ones who are trying! Woohooo!

I tried getting up early this morning and i was so tired i hit snooze about 20 times before i got up, so i didnt end up exercising before work and ive got to work until 7 tonight and know i wont feel like going awww. Well tomorrow is a new day and i will try again.

I only have 177 calories left, Carbs 21, Fat surprisingly 29 and im over with my protein by 34. Im afraid to eat anything lol i dont know what i could have that wont make me go over with my calories ahhh

Anyone have any ideas?
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    What about some fruit or some stir-fry veg?
    If you need some healthy low-cal recipes, I use the BBC Good Food website. The reciipes are simple and easy to follow, and the portions aren't a bad size either!
    What about swimming for exercise?
    Feel free to add me as a friend
    Lindsay
  • erintumbridge
    Options
    Thank you, I could definitely do with a swim, its warm enough, got to push myself.

Ill try the BBC website, im hungryyyyyyyy lol