6-week body makeover

Options
I've seen the commercial for Michael Thurmond's 6-week body makeover and I'm going hmmm.....does that really work? Or is it exactly like tracking food and exercising without having to make the 6 payments of $19.99??? Has anyone tried this? What'd ya think? :huh:

Replies

• celeste15
    Options
    I've seen the commercial for Michael Thurmond's 6-week body makeover and I'm going hmmm.....does that really work? Or is it exactly like tracking food and exercising without having to make the 6 payments of $19.99??? Has anyone tried this? What'd ya think? :huh:
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    Funny, I ordered it in Feb 07, right before I left for Disney World, so I could come back to it and start fresh after my vacation, but while I was at Disney, I found out I was pregnant :noway: So, I cancelled my order. I think it is probably better than most "gimmicks" out there. But I am sure you can have the same success with using this website correctly and working out 3-5 times a week. Most of the things people buy off of tv and such are just a way to make yourself accountable, and people follow through because they "paid" for it. But just pretend that you pay for MFP, and be religious about it, don't waste your money, buy a new outfit for yourself with it. Good Luck!
  • celeste15
    Options
    Funny, I ordered it in Feb 07, right before I left for Disney World, so I could come back to it and start fresh after my vacation, but while I was at Disney, I found out I was pregnant :noway: So, I cancelled my order. I think it is probably better than most "gimmicks" out there. But I am sure you can have the same success with using this website correctly and working out 3-5 times a week. Most of the things people buy off of tv and such are just a way to make yourself accountable, and people follow through because they "paid" for it. But just pretend that you pay for MFP, and be religious about it, don't waste your money, buy a new outfit for yourself with it. Good Luck!

Great advice....thanks!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds on here. It has everything I need on here and the best thing is its Freeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I tried it but could absolutely could not stick to it. Food was disgusting: no salt (or salt substitutes), no fat (you can't even eat salmon because it's too fatty), no bread, and no dairy or dairy products are allowed. I actually gagged on a few occasions. I tried a zillion different sodium free seasonings (including Mrs. Dash) and combinations, but still couldn't tolerate it.

However, the plan does work...if you can stick to it. I have a friend who lost just over 100 pounds in only 9 months.

It is not calorie counting. Basically you eat 5 or 6 meals a day. What and how much you eat (except for select types of veggies that are unlimited) depends on your gender, size, and body type. The plan tells you exactly how much of each food to eat.

Had I have known all the things that I wasn't allowed to eat I never would've gone for it.

Like I said, the plan does work but it takes strict discipline, just like any other plan I suppose. I just couldn't do it.
  • celeste15
    Options
    I tried it but could absolutely could not stick to it. Food was disgusting: no salt (or salt substitutes), no fat (you can't even eat salmon because it's too fatty), no bread, and no dairy or dairy products are allowed. I actually gagged on a few occasions. I tried a zillion different sodium free seasonings (including Mrs. Dash) and combinations, but still couldn't tolerate it.

However, the plan does work...if you can stick to it. I have a friend who lost just over 100 pounds in only 9 months.

It is not calorie counting. Basically you eat 5 or 6 meals a day. What and how much you eat (except for select types of veggies that are unlimited) depends on your gender, size, and body type. The plan tells you exactly how much of each food to eat.

Had I have known all the things that I wasn't allowed to eat I never would've gone for it.

Like I said, the plan does work but it takes strict discipline, just like any other plan I suppose. I just couldn't do it.

Makes perfect sense. As long as you stick to a plan, all of them work, lol. I'm just at this ugly plateau and can't seem to get past it. I have 20 pounds to lose but I'm having the hardest time. When I was at 220, the weight seemed to just melt off. Now that I only have 20 more to go, it's SO hard.....anyways, thanks for the info!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this program and it's my second time around. The first time I did the program with my daughter (15) and she lost 20 lbs iand I lost 25 lbs with no exercise. We both checked with our doctors to make sure we were properly losign the weight. My blood pressure dropped back to normal in that first month. So far I have lost 3 lbs and I just started it again last monday. I have to admitt I haven't been completely faithful this time due to work but I stay very close to the recommend foods and guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh yeah my daughter has kept the weight off (2 years) and so did I until this year, weight gain due to steriods (6 months) so I'm back on the program.
  • celeste15
    Options
    I'm currently doing this program and it's my second time around. The first time I did the program with my daughter (15) and she lost 20 lbs iand I lost 25 lbs with no exercise. We both checked with our doctors to make sure we were properly losign the weight. My blood pressure dropped back to normal in that first month. So far I have lost 3 lbs and I just started it again last monday. I have to admitt I haven't been completely faithful this time due to work but I stay very close to the recommend foods and guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh yeah my daughter has kept the weight off (2 years) and so did I until this year, weight gain due to steriods (6 months) so I'm back on the program.

I lost most of my weight through Weight Watchers but then hit this plateau so I figured I needed to change things up a bit so I joined this site and lost about seven or eight pounds but I've since slowly gained those few pounds back. When I saw the commercial, I figured since they basically put an eating plan together for you, it should be easy right? So without exercise, did you just strictly follow their eating plans?
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can and will lose weight even if you don't exercise. Your weight loss will be greater if you the work they recommend and something of your own choice. Right now because my work schedule is so out of whack I utilitze my BowFlex Treadclimber and the P90X program I purchase. I have only lost 3lbs so far but I have also lost a total of 6 inches.