Advice and Help!!!

Options
OK, I have been exercising and watching calorie intake regularly since June 12th with no decrease in pounds. I have even gained a couple. I exercise everyday (have missed one day since June 12th) I don't know what else to do. I am staying slightly below my calorie goal except for maybe 2 days. I am trying harder than I have ever tried before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am extremely frustrated at this point.

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right things - but you didn't post how many calories you are eating a day? If you are eating 1200 and exercising you are not getting enough calories. I think the biggest mistake people make is to drop their calories so low that their body goes into starvation.

Depending on your weight you may even need to eat more than 1200 until you start losing. Plus make sure you are eating your workout calories.

I hope that helps...
  • Oleva
    Oleva Posts: 12
    Options
    MFP recommends eating 1250 calories then add on exercise calories and it ends up being around 2000. I want to lose 2 lbs. per week. I need to lose around 75 lbs, but would be happy with 50 at this point and then go from there. I usually eat at least 1500 calories. It just really frustrates me that the harder I try the less the scales move. I am doing 35 min. on the elliptical every day plus have started 30 day shred and did day 7 today. I am drinking my water and trying to eat healthier. My weight is 221.5 according to the scales this am and I am 5'3". I would love to be below 200 by Aug. 8th - first day of school. Then be 175 by Oct. 1 - we are going to the beach.

Hope this explains stuff a little better.