Recipe I made up how to figure Calories? Help

stroken96
stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
I tried a few food together how do I figure the Calories out?

Replies

• kmbutler09
    kmbutler09 Posts: 29 Member
    What were the foods in it?
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    I'm not sure if this is ok, but if you enter your recipe on http://www.sparkrecipes.com/ it will figure out the nutritional content.

HTH!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Did you try putting all of your ingredients into the MFP recipe calculator? I used it for the first time yesterday and it worked great!
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    I love using this website for my personal recipes:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Seems to be very accurate
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    GO TO THE MEAL OR SNACK YOU WANT TO POST IT TO. SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF LIST TO CREATE A NEW FOOD. ENTER ALL INGREDIENTS AND AMOUNT. PLUS NUMBER OF SERVINGS, IT WILL GIVE YOU THE TOTAL CALS PER SERVING WHEN YOU PRESS DONE. I USE THIS ALOT AND IT IS GREAT.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    yep as onebryte says, mfp has a recipe calculator. Go under the "FOOD" tab, then to the "recipe" option and enter it ingredient by ingredient
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Hi!
    Try this website. I have used it a few times. As long as you know the exact ingredients, you can figure out the nutritional value.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

I hope it does the trick for you.
  • Pieces_of_Me3
    Pieces_of_Me3 Posts: 19 Member
    You can also go to recipe's on MFP and name your recipe and then add the ingredients you put in as well as the servings and it will calculate how many cals per serving. If you don't put in how many servings, it will tell you how much cals for the entire dish.
  • Paula_h65
    Paula_h65 Posts: 6 Member
    I just enter my recipes in on under my recipes as accurately as possible and it calculates for me:happy:
  • hsk11270
    hsk11270 Posts: 48
    On your food tab at the top...click it and you should see several tabs underneath one of which, to the right, is recipes. Click on that and then you should see a green button that says enter new recipe. Click it and then put the name of your recipe in the top box and then click on the button that says add ingredient. Now you can go thru the database and enter each ingredient. Also towards the top right there is a box to enter the number of people the recipe serves....do not forget to fill that in. When you are done entering everything scroll to the bottom and click Save Recipe. Then it will take you to your main recipe page and you can move your mouse to the right of your new recipe and click on add to diary and one serving will be added to you food diary! ;)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I use the recipe tab all the time. It's great for my personal recipes. :)
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Thank you