Any 5'4 ladies with large frame?

2»

Replies

• Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    I am aiming for 160 and when I get there I will reevaluate. As an adult I have never been that weight and want do do what is healthy for me.
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm 5'4" and currently at 160. My mini goal is 150 but overall shooting for 140. However, I'll see how i look and feel at 150 when I get there.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    I'm, 5' 4.5" and big boned. I have never looked my weight.
    I've lost about 20 pounds so far and have a goal of probably 140. That still makes me overweight according
    to my doctors scale.

Do you find that people tell you that you're crazy to want to lose that much? I have heard so many
    friends tell me that I only need to lose 20 pounds and then I'll be skinny. They don't believe me when
    I tell them I'm officially obese.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    I'm 5'4" with a small frame (or so everyone says). I was 110 in high school (a million years ago) and I think that was the perfect weight.. I'll never see that again, but I'm shooting for 120. I'm pretty close to that now, and I still have a fair amount of fat on my abdomen.. So I think it really does come down to your frame size.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    I'm 5' 4.5", 50 is a couple of weeks. Please add me as a friend.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    i'm almost 5' 1" and i' maimig for 135 right now... maybe even 140, my current weight is 149 and everyone is commenting on how slim i am (even the customers at work have said something about how small i am for having worked at papa johns for 3 years) i'm just "thick" i have wide set hip bones, a fairly large chest and a perky round bottom. i would look like i was sick below 130, i think i will be most comfortable at 135.
  • I'm 5'3 and have a large frame. In fact, in college I was struggling pretty heavily with various eating disorders and a nutritionist told me, "Well actually, you have LARGE FRAME!" which wasn't exactly what a bulimic with a massively skewed vision of herself needed to hear....
    anyway...When I was outrageously skinny (skin and bones) I was 119. I maintained that only by restricting heavily and purging. Right now I'm around 130, which feels heavy to me, but I still have trouble seeing what I actually look like. I wear around a size 4, so I guess I'm pretty small, but having a larger build makes it harder to see that.
    Us "big boned girls" need to stick together!!
  • KrisLee223
    KrisLee223 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm, 5' 4.5" and big boned. I have never looked my weight.
    I've lost about 20 pounds so far and have a goal of probably 140. That still makes me overweight according
    to my doctors scale.

Do you find that people tell you that you're crazy to want to lose that much? I have heard so many
    friends tell me that I only need to lose 20 pounds and then I'll be skinny. They don't believe me when
    I tell them I'm officially obese.

AGREED! I have never looked my weight....ever. If people guess, they generally guess I'm 15 lbs smaller...fine by me haha:)
  • KrisLee223
    Thanks ladies! It's nice to find some women with similar goals! Let's team up and get SEXAY! :)
  • KrisLee223
    I'm 5'4" with a small frame (or so everyone says). I was 110 in high school (a million years ago) and I think that was the perfect weight.. I'll never see that again, but I'm shooting for 120. I'm pretty close to that now, and I still have a fair amount of fat on my abdomen.. So I think it really does come down to your frame size.

I agree! I would look anorexic kind of sick if I ever went below 125, and I'm sure a lot of smaller framed ladies would look fabulous at that weight!
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    I'm 5'3" and shooting for 150. I weighed 155 on my wedding day and I think I looked good... I don't want to lose my curves!
    I am larger framed, I have very big wrists! LOL... that is what my doctor said, about judging your frame!

Good luck everyone!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 430 Member
    I am 5' 4" with medium/large build. I have short stocky legs and BIG boobs. (not a plus in my eyes) I am aiming for 145 with weight training (so my 145 will include muscle weight.)

Ater college I dieted down to 120 pounds, was wearing a size 5 and I was constantly sick and exhausted! I started adding daily runs and weights to my routine, and could still rock the size 5 at 145 lbs! Plus I was never more healthy!

There's a ton of negativity out there about what the scale says. I remember cringing while listening to Howard Stern on the radio remark that a 5'4" listener at 135 must be a fatty! Unbelieveable!

I say go with what is best for YOU and YOUR body! Don't worry about what the scale says!
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    I am 5'4'' with a large frame.
    After losing this 20 pounds to about 181 now, I said to my neighbor about losing my next 20 and she said, if you lose another 20 you'll blow away! Maybe just to be nice, but people always think I weigh less than I do.
    So for now, my goal is to be in the 150's (which I can't even imagine!) and then go from there.

All welcome to add me if you like! :)
  • escalante
    escalante Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 132 which is on the upper end of healthy for me.

I will look as twiggly as I can stand in the 130's with my frame. I'm not here to get toned, buff, built, or stacked. I'm here to get healthy.

You might check out http://www.mybodygallery.com/ you can search by height, weight, body shape type, and pant/dress size to get a better idea of what different weights might look like for you.

Thanks for the website. I think I can now see the big picture. I think I have had an unreal weight loss goal and have been thinking I have SO much weight to loose. After viewing that website I think 160 would be good for me, and that goal seems very possible. Now when I look at my goal I no longer think its so far away I will never reach it. I CAN DO IT!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 486 Member
    I'm in the same boat with goal weight of 145lbs.
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    I'm 5'4" ...I *thought* I was big boned till I lost weight...Now I realize that was just an EXCUSE for being so much fatter than I hould be ...I am MEDIUM boned and FINALLY realistic about by body type and weight goals!!!

I was 2105 lbs on 11/7/10 and as of today I am 146.5 lbs ..My goal is 137 lbs ...To be a healthy BMI I still need to lose another 2 lbs ...

My weight range is 107-145....I think 137 lbs is realistic for my height , bone structure and age ( I'll be 40 next Aug)..

Although I *may* *TRY* to get to 129 lbs ...We'll see when I get closer ...

Right now I'M LESS THAN 10 LBS FROM GOAL!!!! YAY!!!!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Thank you for posting this thread. I am 5'4" and have a large frame also. I have lost 80 lbs and people say you were never 238 lbs. I say yea I was! So, anyway I have muscular legs but no butt! lol I have broad shoulders and have lost my C cup!!!! why?? why did I have to lose what I wanted to keep?? lol. I am 157.4 today and I have extra skin (flab) and I want to tone that up but I really don't know what weight I should be..it's so weird. I said a year ago if I could be 160 I'd be happy. Well I am definitely happier but not THERE yet...ya know? I am right now thinking 135...maybe even 139. My healthy weight range on fitday is 107 to 149...wow what a range. I just think that I'll know when I am there..or I hope I do. I still see me at 238 in the mirror some days. It's discouraging. The clothing size thing is what gets me too. I am currently in a 10-12. All my 14's hang on me. I want to be an 8 ...dream to be a 6. But I guess it's all to be determined. Thanks again and please please add me all of you who are in the same boat!

God Bless

(Proud Marine mom saying thanks to our Military for this 4th of July weekend and for making our land FREE)
    Praying my son home safe!
This discussion has been closed.