LIFTING WEIGHTS

Options
Does any one else ever have those days where u feel like no matter what u do when your lifting, u feel like u cant do enough exercises to exhaust the muscle by the way they feel, but in reality u have such a pump that it feels like your skin could rip. may be its just me but its frustrating esp. when working arms.

Replies

• nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Does any one else ever have those days where u feel like no matter what u do when your lifting, u feel like u cant do enough exercises to exhaust the muscle by the way they feel, but in reality u have such a pump that it feels like your skin could rip. may be its just me but its frustrating esp. when working arms.
  • stenogal
    Options
    Nope....:noway: but I wish I did! Geez! Sounds like you are really on track with the weights.
    Just looked at your photos and I have to say that you look great in your uniform!:wink:
    My husband is also a CO and I'm in court all day and see a lot of officers in their uniforms. That uniform can either be your friend or your enemy as far as appearance goes.LOL!
    You should feel very proud of yourself!:drinker:

Sorry I didn't have an answer for you...:ohwell: but I just had to send some encouragement your way anyway!:flowerforyou:

Take care!
  • nichols
    Options
    Thank you. 50 lbs to go. I know at that weight when i reach it (210lb) with good muscle mass. i have the look i myself am happy with. It gets confusing when your trying to lose weight and inches in fat but add inches and weight in muscle. Just hope it all balances out in the end.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    When this happens to you it means that you might be doing the same routines too frequently. You should try doing a different routine to get the same work out so that you challenge the muscles instead of training them to expect the same old things.

Doing this is the same as interval training for runners. It keeps the body guessing what's going to happen next and it helps to burn more fat while getting you more toned and fit.
  • dantell13
    Options
    Try super sets. On biceps, I would do Standing Heavy Dumbell Alternate Curls for 8 reps and after that set imediately go to Machine Preacher Curls Light for 15 to 20 reps. The second set I increase the Dumbell reps by 2 each set. So after 4 super sets you have actually done 8 total sets and you will have a pump. Good luck, David
  • nichols
    Options
    Thanks every one. Try to change up pretty regular, but havent tried supersetting in awhile. Will give it a shot.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi!

I don't have any words of wisdom about your topic, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the quote you have. It is so true and yet at times so difficult. Thanks for the reminder!