How many calories does everyone try to burn daily?

Options
How many calories does everyone try to burn daily?

Just wondered as Im only just starting out and hitting 200-300, yet seeing some people burn over 1000!!!

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    On my run days (tue, thu, and sat) I burn about 1000 calories running a 10k and on my P90x days (mon, wed, fri) I burn 400-500.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    On my workout days (I only workout 3 days a week due to a back injury) - my goal is 500-600 calories. It is easy to achieve since I do circuit training at the gym OR I do Tae Bo.
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i try to burn between 400 - 500 cals ... but i'm also just starting out .. & we gotta learn how to walk before we run right? ;D
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm just 4 pounds from my goal....I try burn around 300 a day. And do strength training.

I eat all of them back and added to my regular food cals, that gives me 1650 a day to enjoy.

I learned that LOADS of cardio can get counterproductive. Cardio is mainly for heart health and earning a few more cals to EAT. It will be the muscles that burn the fat (you probably already know this!!) :flowerforyou:
  • ghessit
    ghessit Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't forget that the average person burns between 2000 and 2500 calories per day without any exercise!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    its not what i try to its what i CAN :)
    but definitly over 500 calories
    xx
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    its not what i try to its what i CAN :)
    but definitly over 500 calories
    xx
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Because I like to eat, I burn about 600-800 calories a day. That way I can finish the day with an ice cream treat or have a candy bar!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 300-500, which is about how much more food I'm usually hungry for...haha.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    and how long do you do it for?
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    at this point I shoot for 60 mins per workout, 30 cardio and 30 weights. a couple days just 60 cardio. I don't have a set calorie amount but try to push myself a bit more each time. some days I don't feel 100% so do what I can. as I'm more experienced I may set a calorie level that I must reach.
    Good luck with your journey!
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    Somewhere between 300-500, which is about how much more food I'm usually hungry for...haha.

Well said!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I only burn 150-250 calories a day. I have lost 21 lbs and I feel great.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a sustainable lifestyle - so for me, I go for 300 cals + weights on a gym session (which is 20 mins ish on the cross trainer/ellipitical), or an hour of badminton, and try and do that 2-3 times a week. Or I'll just do weights in the gym and try and go for a jog of about 250 cals. And at the weekend, one hike of 1200cals +
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    well i go to zumba every day, and pilates 2 days a week and a lot of other stuff scattered throughout the week, i burn as little as 500 calories a day just by doing zumba a lone
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to burn at least 374 calories a day. 60 minutes of exercise a day. I'm always happy to go over that, but that is the minimum I set for myself.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Remember when looking at other peoples burns, that bigger people will have high calorie burns because it takes more energy for them to move their mass than it does for a small person doing exactly the same exercise.
    I was burning close to 1100 (I do a lot of circuit training) in an hour but with the weight loss, an hour of circuit training is now 938.

As it becomes part of your life, it will become easier to get bigger burns.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I workout 30-45 minutes 5-6 times a week. On cardio days (3-4 days a week), I aim for over 200 calories (I usually go over 250). I don't aim for anything on strength days (3 times a week), though I do note what I burn, which is usually around 150 calories.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I only workout 3 or 4 times a week, so I like to aim for 1000 ish. Normally takes just over an hour on the elliptical, or I go for a 3-4 mile fast walk and burn around 700-800.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to burn at least 374 calories a day. 60 minutes of exercise a day. I'm always happy to go over that, but that is the minimum I set for myself.
    Is there any reason why you chose 374 cals?