Should I Trust My Wii Balance Board?

Options
On June 16th I was weighed by my doctor and I was 158.2 pounds. I just got Wii Fit Plus yesterday and weighed myself last night, and it said that I was 153.7 pounds. I figured that could be true because after the doctor I started really focusing on my diet and last Monday (6/27) I started swimming 1 mile+ every weekday. But then this morning I weighed myself on Wii Fit again, and it said that I am 150.1 pounds.

Has anyone had any confirmation/conflict between their Wii Balance Boards and actual scale? I don't have a real scale, so I am unable to tell if my weight is really 150.1 pounds or not.

Replies

• amo2392
    amo2392 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the wii balance board to weigh myself and it is the same as when I have weighed myself at the doctors. It is pretty accurate!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    make sure the batteries on it are full. and thats its not on carpet.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I'd say no because at times mine tells me I weigh 99lbs. Ha, good one wii-fit!
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't trust it myself because there are so many factors that can impact the balance board, battery strength, uneven floors etc. I spent $20 on a scale at Walmart and am more confident that I have accurate numbers. My Wii said i weight about 4lbs less than I actually did.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit weighs me as my scale does.
    My EA Sports Active More Workouts weighs me a lot more.
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options

LOL

Are you doing it on carpet? Because that's a no-no.
  • adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options
    If you're weighing on carpet then you need to add the little footies to the bottom of the board, otherwise it can be inaccurate. There are four little risers that come with it that you put on each corner. I do use mine though and it's within a couple of pounds of what the doctor says.
  • SamJoyP
    SamJoyP Posts: 1
    Options
    you have to weigh yourself at the same time every day, i'm always lighter in the morning than i am in an evening!!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options

LOL

Are you doing it on carpet? Because that's a no-no.

Nope, laminate floor. I even do 0lbs for the clothes. I stopped using it for that purpose and just weigh myself at the gym. Which that says I weigh 128 so I don't like that scale any better. haha
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I also do not trust the WII board because it fluctuates too much. Mine averages 2-5 1/2 pounds off in either direction from both my scale and my doctor's scale
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I used my balance board for a year or so to weigh in. I bought a Tanita scale about six months ago and found that the Tanita scale is very close to any of my doctors' scales. I also found the same thing - I could gain or lose several pounds in a day or so.
  • jessco26
    jessco26 Posts: 4
    Options
    My Wii Balance Board always weighed me like 5 lbs more than the scales. But I guess its different with everyone
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i weigh on scales 1ce a week and im do my body test daily on the fit and mine is accurate, i use mine on the carpet and mine has feet on the bottom but it came that way so yours prob has the feet already on. I also weigh myself half hour after i get up in the morning at the same time everyday, its a bit later on my 2 days off as i dont get up at 4am on my day off! my mum also has a wii fit and hers has always been accurate. The only time i had a problem was when it said the batterys were low and i 4 got 2 change them so now i change them as soon as the warning comes up. Hope that helps.x :bigsmile:
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing on carpet then you need to add the little footies to the bottom of the board, otherwise it can be inaccurate. There are four little risers that come with it that you put on each corner. I do use mine though and it's within a couple of pounds of what the doctor says.

I am weighing myself on carpet. As soon as I put the foot extenders on it, it said that I weighed 156.5 pounds. I think I liked my weight before! Ha ha. But it's good to know that I am probably now getting the right measurement. Thanks!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same as my bathroom scale and it's on the carpet....
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    My wii balance bored always said I was like 5 pounds less than I really was. Wish it was correct but pretty sure its not :(
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I used mine for the first time in over a year it was on carpet without the footies and it showed that i was 10 lighter than I have been so I raced to my scale and it seemed correct. I will try the footies because I want it to be a somewhat accurate graph.