Newbie - 30th Birthday goal & yummy mummy wannabe

Options
Hi everyone,

Im from the North East of England and I'm on a mission to lose 24lb for a number of reasons;

1) my 30th birthday in November (eek....and i want to wear a knock out dress for meal out with hubby)
2) to be a yummy mummy to my 9mth old little girl
3) to wow the office when I return to work after 12 months of maternity leave in September of this year

I hope i havent left it too late to lose some weight but I figure its better late than never!!

Ive just purchased Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred as I've just read one of the message boards on here and some people have had amazing results. I also have Calire Nasir's Bootcamp DVD on standby.

Does anyone have any advice before I start on my mission?

Thanks ...Minky x

Replies

• GigiRoa81
    GigiRoa81 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there!

My advice to you is take it one day at a time but be consistent. Log your foods and your exercises daily. Sometimes seeing/keep track of the calories in the foods you eat is the best way to truly realize how many calories you consume in a day. Also, I totally think you can lose the weight in your designated time without a problem, you can totally do it, but lets say you fall 2-3 pounds short, it's ok....just keep going until you reach your goal....persistence is everything. Also, make friends on this site! It is awesome and inspirational to see others going through the same journey as you, but most of all, it gives your journey accountability. By allowing others in you have people who will motivate and give you a boost when you need it!

Request me if you'd like! :)
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    Good luck!!! Log everything!! Use the mobile app if u can....helps stay on track. Take daily pics of the areas you dislike most ( yes its tough,.but it helps!!!)
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Remember the reasons why you want to do this, remember there will be good and bad days, days when you're little one just wants cuddles and won't be left alone, but you can do this and walking with a pushchair burns more cals then without, keep the pace up and its a fab time for you and your little one - if you like running then try running with the pushchair too - hard work but i get a 35% extra cal burn then running without mind you my little one will be 3 in october and weighs 2.5 stone now - the hills are not funny hehehe

most of all enjoy doing this, don't let it distract from being a new mummy but instead make it that whole lifestyle change thats positive for all of you :-)

you can do it and i like your start up plans - shred is good :-)
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck! Jillian Michaels DVD will really help you! I used to play some one of her games for the Wii. It wore me out! Shes really motivating along with everyone on this website. Feel free to add me (: