Ready to loose some weight!

Options
Hello! My name is Ambra and I am a 23 year old college student that has decided to loose some weight, or a lot of it to be exact. I joined a gym about a month ago and started MyFitness Pal about a week ago. Thus far I've lost 5lbs over the last few weeks, but my goal is to loose 30lbs by August 29, the first day of this fall semester, and hopefully 80lbs by May 2012. I have been struggling with my weight all of my life. I've always gotten the "you'd be really pretty if you didn't have a belly". I carry most of my weight in my abdominal area so there have been more occasions than I'd like to admit that I've been asked when my baby was due. But those days are over! I am determined to take this weight off. I've set goals for myself and I know that if I don't get there that I'm not going to stop trying. At the end of the day I am worth the sweat and tears that I'm putting into this. And when its all over I'm going to be a stronger, healthier person. There are days that I feel like it's never going to get here and its a nonstop struggle, but I've got to stay motivated and keep telling myself I can do this. I'm hoping that this community will help keep my thoughts positive and keep my drive strong!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ambra!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Good for you, girl! I am going into my second year of college and it can be especially hard during school to eat right, resist cravings, and find time to workout. However, I made it my goal to be opposite of the freshman fifteen my first year, and it was amazing! I also carry most of my weight in my ab area, and I hateee it. Just stick to it, and the results will be totally worth it. :)
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) I'm aiming to lose weight by the beginning of my second year sooo friend request coming your way (:
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I am also wanting to lose the fat in my abdominal area. Good luck to you! Stay motivated. I know you can do it! Feel free to add me (: