Those water flavoring packets

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
I bought some pink lemonade ones and did you know that the "whole' packet is not 5 calories. It's acutally 10. At least the ones I bought. It said a serving was half a packet. HMMMMM interesting

Replies

• philandrachel
    Options
    I noticed that on the cherry ones that I bought the other day... never really paid attention before MFP. I will still use them though, just because they taste yummy! :smile:
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I realized that one day so I found new ones that are 0 calories and soooo good. Try the Liptons energy to go packets. It comes in bluberry pomegrante and AMAZING!!
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    Did you like the taste?
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    MIO... mmmmmm
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's pink lemonade. I was making it for my daughter. Just interesting that is says 1 serving is 5 calories and then the packet really is 2 servings. Just goes to show you really must know the serving size.
  • lovehandles3076
    lovehandles3076 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I figure whats the big deal 10 calories?? Better than drinking a can of soda or a glass of juice, I say go for it cause I usually consume all my water with crystal light in it!! 40 Calories 8 glasses of water or more I put it in a 600ml bottle. Enjoy :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i did that with the fruit and chicken salad at chick fil a..i put the whole packet of salad dressing on it, NOT reading the serving size, thinking the whole thing was XXX cals ( and mainly sodium ) and a serving size was 1/2 the pack, which obviously doubled everything..ugh..i guess i just want everything to be the lower number..LoL
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    What brand do you use? I usually get Great Value. 10 calories isn't bad, I'm just glad they are sugar free.
  • AudreyAnabelle
    Options
    I saw that too. So I started to use Mio. It has 0 calories. But I still use the packets sometimes. What's 10 calories when you're filling yourself up with water still
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use the Crystal Light brand, 2 Packets are good for 2 quarts (9-8 oz glasses) and it's 5 cals per packet, not serving. It works out to a lil over 1 cal per glass, so I don't really care much about it...it's all good!
  • bbpictures
    Options
    Do most of these things have nutrasweet or some sort of artifical sugars?
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes they are 10 cal per packet, I think it's because they call a serving 8 oz, and a bottle of water is 2 servings. I just tried the new Crystal Light Appletini flavor, OMG it is so good!!!
  • philandrachel
    Options
    Yes they are 10 cal per packet, I think it's because they call a serving 8 oz, and a bottle of water is 2 servings. I just tried the new Crystal Light Appletini flavor, OMG it is so good!!!
    I have been on the look out for those drink flavors... I need to look again!! :)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I have been on the look out for those drink flavors... I need to look again!! :)
    Do you live where there is a publix? That's where I found them, I was at Wal Mart and they didn't have them, Oh they also have Mojito and Margarita.
  • aggiken
    aggiken Posts: 3
    Options
    I with you, I like Mio. It is easy to carry with me.