oh my lord!

Options
tried zumba for the first day today! it was a 55 minute class, but i only made it the first 15!! but hey...i put on my workout clothes and gave it a shot! :)

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    great job. tell "Beto, hi!"
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrates!!!! My friends and I attend a Zumba class together and I can still remeber trying to do all of the dances on our first day, we looked like goobers!!! But we had fun and the dances became much easier once we started going regularly. Have fun!!!
  • Desere83
    Desere83 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I do Zumba everyday and i love it! I'm hooked. I know when i first started it, i was horrible and i'm pretty heavy. I've lost 7 pounds in 10 days because of it and i count my calories and i hope that you go back and have fun! :)
  • jilloliver
    jilloliver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I will have to work up the courage to go back! I hate, hate, hate quitting things in the middle, so i was a little embarrassed that i had to stop 15 minutes into it. But I went and walked on the treadmill the rest of the time at the gym that day, and i thought while i was walking, "i am going to go again and keep going until i'm able to make it through an entire class." that might be 6 months, but dang it, i will finish it!!! it was really fun while i was there! love all the music!! :) thanks again for the support!!!
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I will have to work up the courage to go back! I hate, hate, hate quitting things in the middle, so i was a little embarrassed that i had to stop 15 minutes into it. But I went and walked on the treadmill the rest of the time at the gym that day, and i thought while i was walking, "i am going to go again and keep going until i'm able to make it through an entire class." that might be 6 months, but dang it, i will finish it!!! it was really fun while i was there! love all the music!! :) thanks again for the support!!!
    YES!!!! That is such a GREAT attitude! The biggest part of the battle is just showing up! It's soooo much easier to just sit at home and watch TV or surf the net. Can't wait to hear how you progress! Feel free to add me as a friend too! :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hey, maybe check out youtube for some of the dance steps so you know alittle about what you are doing. I did some Zumba at home tonight only 20 minutes and it is on the Wii but it is killer! Go back to the class soon and enjoy it is all just fun anyways. I want to try a class too but i am shy to go alone. lol
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Zumba is all about having fun - just keep some sort of moving going even if it's just marching in place or doing the basic salsa step, then you're golden! I definitely encourage you to go again. I get my instructor certification at the end of this month - so excited! Good luck!!