Hello from London

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year :smile:

My name is Lorraine.

I gained over 2 stone when I started taking the depo-provera injection and am now trying to loose it.

My main hobby is target rifle shooting and the Air Training Corps where I'm a volunteer instructor in target shooting. I used to love outdoor activities such as mountain hiking and rock climbing but am too unfit to do them now.

I spent a fortune on gym membership last year but ended up not going very often....does anyone else find it very boring going to the gym? So i'm going to try jogging this year as i'm much more of an outdoor kinda girl!

My biggest problem is my diet, I always end up eating lots of take-away becuase I'm a really bad cook (when ever I've tried cooking healthy food it always tastes terrible lol...I have even burnt bake beans in the past :blushing: ), I hate cooking and have zero patients / time for it. My favorite food is anything hot and spicy (Indian is my favorite) and cheese. I dis-like cold foods (sandwiches, salads etc and am not a big fan of sweet things).

Does anyone know any quick and easy spicy recepies?

Looking forward to getting to know you all :flowerforyou:

Loz

Replies

• Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year :smile:

My name is Lorraine.

I gained over 2 stone when I started taking the depo-provera injection and am now trying to loose it.

My main hobby is target rifle shooting and the Air Training Corps where I'm a volunteer instructor in target shooting. I used to love outdoor activities such as mountain hiking and rock climbing but am too unfit to do them now.

I spent a fortune on gym membership last year but ended up not going very often....does anyone else find it very boring going to the gym? So i'm going to try jogging this year as i'm much more of an outdoor kinda girl!

My biggest problem is my diet, I always end up eating lots of take-away becuase I'm a really bad cook (when ever I've tried cooking healthy food it always tastes terrible lol...I have even burnt bake beans in the past :blushing: ), I hate cooking and have zero patients / time for it. My favorite food is anything hot and spicy (Indian is my favorite) and cheese. I dis-like cold foods (sandwiches, salads etc and am not a big fan of sweet things).

Does anyone know any quick and easy spicy recepies?

Looking forward to getting to know you all :flowerforyou:

Loz
  • Taco Chili

1 lb of ground Turkey (cook befor dumping)
    1 can of pinto beans
    1 can of kidney beans
    1 can of spicy bean
    1 can of chopped green chili
    1 can of chopped jalepenos
    1 can of chopped tomatoes
    1 pkg of hot taco seasoning
    1 pkg of ranch dressing buttermilk
    1/2 jar of salsa or more

Dump all into a crock pot or a pot.
    Heat until bubbly.
  • I forgot the white corn add about a cup

1 lb of ground Turkey (cook befor dumping)
    1 can of pinto beans
    1 can of kidney beans
    1 can of spicy bean
    1 can of chopped green chili
    1 can of chopped jalepenos
    1 can of chopped tomatoes
    1 pkg of hot taco seasoning
    1 pkg of ranch dressing buttermilk
    1/2 jar of salsa or more

Dump all into a crock pot or a pot.
    Heat until bubbly.

Oh I am new at this I am Sunny in CA.........this is one of our favorites....good luck
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    Hi Lorraine. I am from London and hate cooking too, I have been eating junk rather than a meal and have put on 3 stones.

Try rubbing indian spices on meat and then brush tiny bit of oil on it and sticking it in the oven.

Tanddoori chicken is great too. buy the paste from supermarket and then mix it one part paste and 2 parts natural yoghurt. then put your chicken in to marinate . leave it in fridge and then when you come back from work put in oven for 20 mins. c ya
  • rperr30
    rperr30 Posts: 35
    Hi lorraine!

I hate exercise. It really bores me stupid. I also love cheese!

Exercise to me is not everything iv lost lots of weight before and looked alright the only problem is the belly. Now thats when you have to exercise but i was happy with a couple of love handles. I would never want to be skinny!

I have become a lover of the weight watchers meals. For tea they are not much but for dinner they work a treat!

Good Luck