Went out for dinner.

Options
I just went out to eat with my family. The restaurant I went to did not have nutritional information available so I tried to make the healthiest choices that appealed to me.
What I ended up ordering was lemon sole with a lemon garlic sauce with 2 side dishes of roasted vegetables and roasted sweet potatoes. How many calories do you think are in the dinner?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just went out to eat with my family. The restaurant I went to did not have nutritional information available so I tried to make the healthiest choices that appealed to me.
    What I ended up ordering was lemon sole with a lemon garlic sauce with 2 side dishes of roasted vegetables and roasted sweet potatoes. How many calories do you think are in the dinner?

In a situation like that, I try to find as close of a match as I can, and then estimate. Looks like you made a fairly healthy choice though, so I wouldn't be too upset about it.

A single meal isn't gonna derail you. Relax, track it as close as you can, and just realize today is loose compared to usual.
  • Bocker33
    Bocker33 Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually try to estimate the amounts of the ingredients when this comes up, because I am horrible at estimating calories otherwise.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I would log the sole, the sweetpotatoe, the roast vegetables, (estimate the weight / size of these) and then quick add about 150 calories for the sauce, oil etc used in the preparation.... if the sauce was very creamy maybe add another 50 cals....