what are you eating this 4th of July??

_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
edited September 29 in Recipes
With all of the gatherings going on, I was just curious as to what everyone will be eating for the 4th? Please post your recipies and/or pics if you have them!

As for me... I will be at work eating left over fruit, and a Grilling sensations chicken brat!

Happy 4th!

Replies

• smoked ribs and smoked salmon served with green salad, garden tomatoes , fresh peaches and cantaloupe, corn on the cob, cold beer. start the day with coffee for breakfast, and a snack for dinner. that big lunch will hold me.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 277 Member
    Im drinking beer and eating off the veggie and fruit tray. I know its not the healthiest way to party but its only a day.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    we are throwing down some carnivore eats! sausages, steak, burgers, and I'm totally making maple bacon ice cream. BOO YAH!
    I'm sure hubby & his brother will carnage the watermelon in the fridge, while the little one chows down on veggies and ice cream.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Working in the morning and hiding in my house from my crazy neighbors for the rest of the night.

I know. Not very patriotic.

Probably just gonna eat my usual. Might make turkey burgers since the gym will be closed and I'll have time.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    I am going to a friends house for a BBQ so it will depend on what they have. For our part, we are bringing baked beans, which I make very well and relatively healthy, and a reduced fat and sugar strawberry triffle. I am going to go enjoy myself and celebrate the holiday trying to make the best choices, but not beating myself up if I indulge a little. One holiday isn't going to change my course.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Tonight we had chicken satay sliders from the latest issue of Rachel Ray magazine. Unfortunately, the magazine doesn't list the nutritional info. Can't be too bad.....ground chicken breast, lots of veggies to top with.....peanut sauce and bread probably the worst part of the whole thing. Very tasty! Tried to check the website to get calories, not much luck. If anyone finds out, let me know.
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Tonight we had chicken satay sliders from the latest issue of Rachel Ray magazine. Unfortunately, the magazine doesn't list the nutritional info. Can't be too bad.....ground chicken breast, lots of veggies to top with.....peanut sauce and bread probably the worst part of the whole thing. Very tasty! Tried to check the website to get calories, not much luck. If anyone finds out, let me know.

You can use the recipe tool on MFP to calculate calories. :)
  • I am invited to a bbq. I have been asked to bring a pound cake. Ribs chicken cole slaw collards tomatoes. I am going to stay away from the cake.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    we are throwing down some carnivore eats! sausages, steak, burgers, and I'm totally making maple bacon ice cream. BOO YAH!

How do you make Maple bacon ice cream??? Sounds yummy!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Since I have to work from 4-11, I'll be having a nice sandwich from the deli. Nothing special. I went camping last week and enjoyed myself food-wise. :)
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    I'm going to a friend's BBQ/birthday bash so it really depends upon what she will have! I know there will be ceviche for a fact. ;] I'm just going to do everything in moderation.
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    I'm going to a family bbq/birthday party. My goal is to stick to the grilled meats and steer away from the sugars and breads (which aren't my favorite anyway). May splurge on a serving of my baked potato salad, but we'll see how it goes. =)
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Working in the morning and hiding in my house from my crazy neighbors for the rest of the night.

I know. Not very patriotic.

Probably just gonna eat my usual. Might make turkey burgers since the gym will be closed and I'll have time.

Same here..
    We are going to see transformers at the Imax and heading home to stay away from the crowds.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Same. Going to the in laws house for a BBQ but I think we are grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. Since its my mother in laws bday there will most likely be cake there.... Im going to attempt to stay away from the cake.... oh please let me stay away from the cake!
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Nothing special had our celebration yesterday (sons birthday party) Going to just eat normal
This discussion has been closed.