I need to lose 6lbs in 2 weeks...

Options
I'm going to the lake with my new boyfriend, he's never seen me in a bikini and I want to look good. I've lost about 5lbs in the past month but I have 6 more to go and I will be at my goal weight. I would LOVE to lose it all by the time we go to the lake on the 16th. Is it even possible without losing muscle? and if so do I need to concentrate more on cardio, or weights/abs? My tummy is my trouble zone because I had 2 kids in 2 years. My stomach is flat for the most part just flabby!:) Here is what I was thinking....1200-1400 calories a day, 20 minutes of walking/jogging, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and Jillian Michael's 6 week 6pack six days a week, does that sound okay? or what do I need to change?

Replies

• mamaboobear
    Options
    bumping.....
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if losing 6lbs in 2 weeks is a responsible or even achievable goal..I'm sure it can be done but have you given much thought as to what to do after the 2 weeks are over?
    Instead, I'd suggest you scrap the 2 week endpoint and instead embrace a lifestyle where good diet and regular exercise can only lead to a wonderful future that will forge good habits to see you through well beyond 2 weeks!

good luck :-)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm sure 6 lbs in 2 weeks can be done, but why not set a more realistic goal of 2-3 lbs, and focus on toning up? Being firm in your bikini will make a big difference and will make you look smaller and more fit overall.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you're only six pounds away from your goal, for starters, you already look great. But also, each and every pound is going to make a noticeable change.

Don't stress the number on the scale. Focus on exercise and eating enough that you're losing FAT, not just trying to drop pounds. If you lose just two pounds, and those two pounds are almost all from fat, that's going to make a bigger difference in how you look and feel than if you lose all six and it's a good chunk of lean muscle mass.