Need Help - Calories burnt from Tae Bo

Options
amaczu
amaczu Posts: 23 Member
I've got this old Tae Bo vid kicking around that I decided to try out today since it was raining outside. I usually do 30 Day Shred level 2, and haven't tried this Tae Bo video in years. I don't have a heart-rate monitor so I'm not really sure how much I felt like I was burning. I'm not in super shape or anything...I finish 30DS Level 2 without too much trouble though it is a good workout for me. This Tae Bo vid was a challenge, but I finished it, and didn't feel pushed during any segment to the point where I felt I had to dog the moves, I was able to tough it out. There are HUGE rest gaps between the fast-paced 'cardio' intervals where you're doing the next technique at an almost boringly slow pace...I was almost compelled to jog in place during the slow segments and then jump into the technique when he sped it up a bit...or just start off doing it at the faster pace and skip the slow parts.

Anyone else ever do Tae Bo? Do you remember how many calories you burnt (if you had a HRM?) I'm 5'2" and 125 lbs, for reference. MFP lists 286 calories for 30 minutes (the exact duration of the cardio part of this video...not counting the warm-up/cool-down) but 286 seems awful high...I'm used to going under the assumption that 30DS burns about 150 calories.

Replies

• imspecialx3
    Options
    Tae Bo is in the Exercise Database so you can just put it in there =]