Ellelit - Day 26.... it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Options
so..... i had a mini binge last night. sigh. i immediately felt guilty, and i feel bad that i did it, but i am glad that i stopped before it got really out of hand. here is how yesterday went.

breakfast:
1 breakfast bagel with ham
1/2 piece banana bread

snack:
1 yogurt cup
1kiwi
4 fibre cookies
1 snack size choclate bar

lunch:
150g pork loin
2/3 cup steamed broccoli
1 cup rice
1 fruit cup

snack:
1 apple sauce
22 almonds
sliced cukes

dinner/mini binge:
1 big bacon classic
1 medium fries
1 ranch sauce
200 grams garlic sausage
1 small bag of plain chips.

sigh... well... i knew it was coming. i had been obsessing about the binge foods i ate for a good 2 weeks. in all honestly, it was not worth it (even thought it was soooo delicious), but it some respects i'm glad i got it out of my system...going from eating like this and more daily for the last 10-15 years, i can't expect this to change over night.

a normal binge would have been more than double, and i'm really glad i was conscious enough of what i was doing to stop when i got full, not to eat with abandon and not even realize what i was doing until it was too late.

one of the things i noticed last night is that i was fully aware of the binge the whole time. after work i knew what i was doing, knew i was going to eat badly, tasted my food, actually ordered a bottle of water!!! and stopped when i was full. this is extremely unusual for binge eating behaviour.

normally i would have been in a comatose stupor and not even remembered or realized i had gone to the store or the restaurnt until i was hunched over the toilet barfing because i ate so much.... i'm not saying the binge was a good thing at all... but i do find it EXTREMELY interesting that my consciousness of the event was different, and more importantly, i could stop. looking back at it, it's more like i "overate" then had a binge...

anyhow, today is a new day, and i'm looking forward to the meals i have planned for myself. i'm not going to beat myself up about overeating yesterday, but i am not going to make it a daily routine like i used to. i'm done with that.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so..... i had a mini binge last night. sigh. i immediately felt guilty, and i feel bad that i did it, but i am glad that i stopped before it got really out of hand. here is how yesterday went.

breakfast:
    1 breakfast bagel with ham
    1/2 piece banana bread

snack:
    1 yogurt cup
    1kiwi
    4 fibre cookies
    1 snack size choclate bar

lunch:
    150g pork loin
    2/3 cup steamed broccoli
    1 cup rice
    1 fruit cup

snack:
    1 apple sauce
    22 almonds
    sliced cukes

dinner/mini binge:
    1 big bacon classic
    1 medium fries
    1 ranch sauce
    200 grams garlic sausage
    1 small bag of plain chips.

sigh... well... i knew it was coming. i had been obsessing about the binge foods i ate for a good 2 weeks. in all honestly, it was not worth it (even thought it was soooo delicious), but it some respects i'm glad i got it out of my system...going from eating like this and more daily for the last 10-15 years, i can't expect this to change over night.

a normal binge would have been more than double, and i'm really glad i was conscious enough of what i was doing to stop when i got full, not to eat with abandon and not even realize what i was doing until it was too late.

one of the things i noticed last night is that i was fully aware of the binge the whole time. after work i knew what i was doing, knew i was going to eat badly, tasted my food, actually ordered a bottle of water!!! and stopped when i was full. this is extremely unusual for binge eating behaviour.

normally i would have been in a comatose stupor and not even remembered or realized i had gone to the store or the restaurnt until i was hunched over the toilet barfing because i ate so much.... i'm not saying the binge was a good thing at all... but i do find it EXTREMELY interesting that my consciousness of the event was different, and more importantly, i could stop. looking back at it, it's more like i "overate" then had a binge...

anyhow, today is a new day, and i'm looking forward to the meals i have planned for myself. i'm not going to beat myself up about overeating yesterday, but i am not going to make it a daily routine like i used to. i'm done with that.
  • lconmom
    lconmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The key is that you are AWARE of what you did, and also while you were doing it. My life coach says that it's important to recognize the destructive behavior and to know what you should be doing. A mini-binge once in a while is good for my morale - at the very least! :-)
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It's okay! You realized what you did and it's not a bad thing if it's not a daily thing (I don't think). Here's a tip that works well for me: If I know that I'm going to have a high cal meal, I will exercise those calories off through the day. In other words, I know I want that sonic blast once a week, so I pick a day and exercise to get enough calories to zero that out. Then I eat with no guilt! After a time or two of exercising, you start to think, is that 500 cal food worth 50 min of my sweat and blood? It puts things into perspective a little bit! Try it next time you want to eat a little more. Just have your mind made up that's the ONLY way you will allow yourself that treat! Hope this helps and best wishes to you:flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i agree look up what the calories are, and then how long you would have to exercise to take it off. you will look at it differently in the future. hey at least you realized and you are moving on from there thats what is important we cant be perfect all the time.:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I really think you are sounding so much more positive in your attitude and your knowledge of what it will take for your to be successful on this journey Good for you Lindsay.

Have a good day

Heather