please help me! im confused about calories!

taylorwantstobehealthy
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
please help, im so confused! should i be eating 1200 calories all together, or should i have 1200 NET calories? so if i exercise should i eat more to hit 1200? which way works better?! thanks!! xx

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    1200 net is the healthiest way to go. You might find yourself hitting a plateau sooner if you are netting a lot less than that.
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    For me personally, mine says eat 1200 a day...I work out atleast an hour a day, mainly walking but I don't eat the calories I burn from exercise and I try to stay as close to 1200 a day as possible. You just gotta find what works for you. Maybe try staying around 1200 calories a day one week and if that doesn't work, eat closer to goal when you exercise. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!
  • With this site, they are basically taking your total daily caloric needs and knocking off 500 calories a day so you lose 3500 calories or one pound a week. As you add your exercises, it ups the calories you need to eat so youbmaintain a 500 calorie deficit. You therefore need to eat the NET calories by eating more. Otherwise you are getting too few calories.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    There is a LOT of debate on this topic. Try getting a NET of 1200 first. If that works, go with it. I
This discussion has been closed.