'cheat day'

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days as I would feel like crap afterwards and why do that to myself. Also I dont feel like wasting the time and effort I put forth to exercise by eating the wrong foods.

That may seem crass but I put a lot of hard work into this lifestyle change and I dont want to blow it. Im not on a diet but on a life style change so those "bad" foods dont exist for me.

I know if I eat more sodium than I normally eat then I feel like crap the next day I can just imagine if I ate too much fat or calories.

Everyone has their own way of doing things that works for them so it is just however you want to approach it. Neither way is "wrong"

Good luck!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    This.
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    While I am trying to lose a good chunk of weight, I dont have cheat days, but 1 meal a week that's a little bit 'naughty' (like mcdonalds or something), but I still work it all into my calories for the day.

Once I am at my goal weight, I figure I can afford to be a little more lenient.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    No I don't do cheat days, but I do eat out quite a bit, and when i do i sometimes have some wine - or a nice desert.....
    On the whole I plan for these days - eat a bit lighter during the day, or get a good 500 calorie burn in before I go out, so I stay within my calories....

I try and make reasonably wise choices when I order, but occasionally all does not go to plan - or I decide to eat a starter - and desert......and go over my cals for the day......this does not happen often - maybe once a month - and the I just go back to being good the next ...

For me the trick is that I make sure I eat great food every day, so I honestly do not feel as if I am on a "diet", so luckily don't feel like I need cheat days :-)

Good luck - you can do it - just make sure you take care of yourself every day....
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't have entire days just because then i'll feel like all my hard work was ruined from the one day. BUT if i crave something I wait for the weekend until i can have it...just so ive earnt it.
    For eg, if today i crave M&Ms, i resist, teaching myself self control but make a deal with myself that if i can go the whole week without something 'naughty' I can have the M&Ms. This week, I plan on loosing 1.5-2kg. I know I have birthday next sunday so i'm going to make sure i stick to healthy all week so i dont feel guilty if i have some cake or some chips. I have been good all week and i deserve something sweet. Otherwise, chances are, i'll eat the M&Ms today AND on the weekend,..which is no good lol
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days" - but I do have days where I allow myself to eat up to or slightly above my maintenance calories. These are typically in the weekends where I allow myself to have something extra of special while still monitoring my intake so I don't go overboard.

It works for me I'm still losing at least a pound a week and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
  • If_you_tired_now
    Options
    ttp://1b3a4xmisk1smy7qmanlvr9o58.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=IM