Weight Scales

Options
Wich one is working for you???
I´m going to buy this torture instrument today, i want to read all your opinions :D

Replies

• satanyanet
    Options
    Wich one is working for you???
    I´m going to buy this torture instrument today, i want to read all your opinions :D
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have a digital one - it goes down to ounces too :bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I like my good ole analog scale. The one in the gym is also analog, and it is VERY accurate.

Just a suggestion - avoid buying one for awhile. :flowerforyou: Save your sanity.

Weigh yourself once on a friends scale, record it, and then forget it for a month. THEN buy one.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would have skipped it if I had known I would be addicted to weighing myself 3x a week.:grumble:

:heart: But at least I've broken the once a day habit!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale that i purchased at walmart for like $25. i really like it. It measures down to .2lbs so that's helpful and it tells you how much you've lost or gained since the last time you weighed.

But I agree with Russia, I'd wait a while to get a scale.
    ....I actually waited 3 months and I was TOTALLY shocked when I saw the progess I'd made and was determined to keep it up. It can be frustrating in the beginning seeing just a little loss from week to week when you know you have a ways to go.

Good luck though!!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Don't get one! They're awful!!

I've become obsessed with mine (which is digital from Wal-Mart. It allows you to save your last weigh in so you can see how much weight you lose from time to time...Or gain, I guess!) and I've tried to throw it away NUMEROUS times, only to be sneaking out of the house at odd hours of the night to fetch it from the trash can.

I would suggest just weighing at a gym, or using a friends like someone else suggested, for a couple of months before buying one.

Success can be measured in other ways than the scale, but once you have one, it seems like that's the only thing you focus on! For me, anyway!!

Good luck on your search, if you still decide to get one...
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Just go to the club, or gym, and use that one! HUgz and welcome to our happy lil slightly dysfunctional, but loving, family! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I need another one-- I'm so blind I can't see where the little red stick is pointing-- who knows, maybe I don't really weigh 177-- maybe it's 277-- :noway:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just go to the club, or gym, and use that one! HUgz and welcome to our happy lil slightly dysfunctional, but loving, family! :flowerforyou:

Hey, who's he calling dysfunctional? I'm telling.