Calorie Cycling

Options
What is that? Someone said it the other day and I meant to ask what that meant. And does it work?!:drinker:

Replies

• MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What is that? Someone said it the other day and I meant to ask what that meant. And does it work?!:drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Here is a website for Zig-Zag method of calorie cycling
    www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I think the better term is CALORIE SHIFTING.

It is a technique used to confuse the body so that you can either avoid or break a plateau.

The body comes to expect you to eat a certain amount of food, certain quantities, number of calories, kinds of food, on a regular basis. Our bodies really LIKE predictability. But once you are predictable, the body levels off, and your efforts may be frustrated by the predictability.

Calorie shifting involves eating the same number of calories every day, but you shift the numbers around.

Example:
    Instead of eating 300 calories 5x a day to equal 1500, you might eat 400 cals at one meal, 200 cals at the next meal, 600 cals at the next meal, 200 cals at the next meal, and 100 cals at the last one.

Or, eat all 1500 cals in three meals, instead of 5 meals.

Does it work? They say it does. I have not tried it, because I'm not working with enough cals to warrant shifting them around. I love being able to watch what I eat and not worry about being hungry. Calorie shifting would leave me hungry. Instead of calorie shifting, I merely overeat by a hundred or so cals every 2nd or 3rd day. That seems to work better for me. Their way requires too much thought.