Sick again!

Options
Alisi1234
Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
What do you do when you have the flu? This is the 2nd I have been sick in a month. My weight goes up because I can't eat. I will try to eat little things with a lot of calories but it still doesn't work. Getting very frusterated!

Replies

• nurse_carolyn
    Options
    usually when I get the flu I lose weight because I'm not eating and the body is working so hard to fight the infection.
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    If your experiencing weight gain because you're sick, you have to mentally give yourself a pass. You can't control your illness, and sometimes life throws us curve balls with which we have to deal. Not to sound glib, but if dieting was a perfect science, then it wouldn't a multi-billion dollar business each year.

Stick to what you know you can do. Plus, allow time for your body to heal. When you're sick, you're efforts should be focused on getting better, not losing weight.

However, the positive thing is that you're still very concious of your long-term weight/health goal, and you will have the determination once you're better to stay in the game and keep doing the right things. Please don't beat yourself up...you have no reason too!

Hope you get to feeling better soon! :)
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If your experiencing weight gain because you're sick, you have to mentally give yourself a pass. You can't control your illness, and sometimes life throws us curve balls with which we have to deal. Not to sound glib, but if dieting was a perfect science, then it wouldn't a multi-billion dollar business each year.

Stick to what you know you can do. Plus, allow time for your body to heal. When you're sick, you're efforts should be focused on getting better, not losing weight.

However, the positive thing is that you're still very concious of your long-term weight/health goal, and you will have the determination once you're better to stay in the game and keep doing the right things. Please don't beat yourself up...you have no reason too!

Hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

What he said :)

Debbie
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Another thing to consider, if you diary is accurate you a bit malnourished. You eat almost no vegetables. I had click back a week to find any listed. You should consider eating less processed foods and getting some more vegetables, lean meat, nuts and fruit in your diet. It may not have prevented you getting sick but it definitely will help you feel better and perform better on a lot of levels.

Also I am seeing several days where you only eat about 500-600 calories. Is that correct?