TRYING TO KEEP MY MOTIVATION UP!!

Options
ct320
ct320 Posts: 89 Member
I FOUND THIS SITE INITIALLY ON BLACKBERRY APP WORLD WHEN I WAS THINKING OF STARTING A DIET AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP A FOOD DIARY.

I ALWAYS HAVE MY FONE WITH ME AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIER TO ADD TO A CALORIE COUNTER SO I CAN KEEP UP TO IT DURING THE DAY , WHEN ID TRIED DOING IT BEFORE AT THE START OR END OF DAY THINGS ALWAYS GOT MISSED OFF AND I COULDNT EASILY TRACK ALL CALORIES FATS AND SUGARS ETC EASILY SO THIS SEEMED PERFECT AND HAS BEEN SO FAR I USE EVERY WEEK DAY AND TRY AND RELAX A BIT AT WEEKENDS AS I WANTED THIS TO BE SOMETHING I CAN USE LONG TERM - AFTER FAILED ATTEMPTS AT DIETING AND/OR STRENUOUS EXERCISE

SO FAR I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER 2 WEEKS AND HAVE LOST 3LBS AND AN INCH ROUND MY HIPS AND WAIST SO IM HAPPY AT THE MOMENT BUT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY REACHED GOALS AND THEN GONE BACK TO MY USUAL WAYS AND PILED THE WEIGHT BACK.

SO ANY HELP, TIPS OR STORIES WELCOME IM DETERMINED TO CHANGE FOR GOOD THIS TIME :happy: I HOPE :tongue: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello. It's hard work keeping on top of it isn't it?

One thing that I found helpful is to remind yourself everyday why you want to lose weight. I have a sign on the back of my bedroom door which I see everyday where I have a "before" photo as well as my objective "fit, gorgeous, healthy and happy" in big letters :laugh:

I'm not saying that's the only answer but being reminded of WHY you are doing this certainly helps!!

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    One thing I find extremely motivational is to join challenges on MFP. When you read through the comment threads they are very motivational! There are always different ones going on. You can friend different people that are doing the challenges & motivate each other. You can also find them tailored to your interests. I don't know if you can access that from your phone - I have to go on the website to do it. Go on the Community tab, then search for challenges. For example, I am currently doing the BOB - Battle of the Bulge Summer Challenge - highly motivating and you can join anytime, the Lean by Halloween, the Twilight challenge (counting down til the movie comes out), there are monthly challenges like lose 10 lbs. in July or challenges dedicated to setting an exercise goal. Good luck!!
  • kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there..my name is Kathleen. good luck on your journey here. I think you will find it a very useful tool.
    my only advice to you is to get out of the mindset that you are once again "dieting". you have to work at changing your thought
    process to "making a positive change in my life" I never use the word diet. Dieting infers that there is a start/end to it...but
    weight loss and positive changes must be a permanent lifestyle change. I believe once you have that worked out, then it comes
    much easier.

good luck on your new life journey....if you need friends to help support you, please feel free to add 'friend" me...

take good care!
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP LADIES:smile: THESE ARE ALL REALLY HELPFUL TIPS AND ARE ALL THINGS I WILL DEFINITELY DO. I WAS STARTING TO LOSE INTEREST - IM THE SORT TO GIVE UP WHEN THE NOVELTY WEARS OFF:indifferent:
    ITS REALLY HELPFUL TO ME TO SPEAK TO OTHERS IN THE SAME BOAT MY CLOSE FRIENDS ARE ALL THIN AND CAN EAT WHAT EVER THEY WANT (THE TYPE WE'RE ALL JEALOUS OF:wink: LOL) SO EVEN THOUGH I CAN TALK TO THEM THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO GO THROUGH LOSING WEIGHT AND ALL THE EMOTIONS THAT GO WITH IT

SO THANKS AGAIN .....SPEAK SOON