How I broke my month long plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    calorie zig-zagging definitely sounds like an interesting concept.
    i always thought that zig-zagging would end with u going into starvation mode one day, and then the next day eating alot more and pileing on the weight...
    but i have seen so many people have the opposite effect with it.

But if its working for u i say go for it!!
    Maybe continue zig-zagging until u hit a plateau again, and then go back to eating the same calories again..
    I assume that would work, and then u could just repeat until at the desired weight..
    If only things in life really were that easy...

You can't go into starvation mode in a day. What you're talking about is simploy going below your recommended calories. which is a long way from starvation mode. Starvation mode happens after weeks and even months of not eating enough calories.
    Congratulations though!
    And good luck on ur weight loss journey
    x
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I really would recommend it to anyone who is stuck! I workout 6 days a week also. If I were you, I would stick to your schedule. Can I ask you why you did a 9 day schedule instead of 7 day? I am just curious....I am not knocking it at all!! Whatever works!
    I got some advice from my MFP friends to change my weigh-in day since I kept losing steadily for the first half of the week, and then gaining it back as Saturday approached (for absolutely no reason too. It was really weird). It would have been just 7 days, but I changed my weigh-in day to Monday.
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    I did the same just about a week ago! I ate around 1400 for 2 days and 1700 for 2 and dropped back down to 1200 for 3 days. I dropped from 126.2-124.2. Our bodies just needs some confusion so they burn more efficiently. Great job!
  • Doglady72
    Doglady72 Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to Go!!!!, you found what work for you and you succeed. Good job
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have been stuck as well, so I'm trying this for sure!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Great work, I'll be looking at these links later!!! xx
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done and I'll remember this post if ever I hit a brick wall. Sometimes a small change can make a big difference :)
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was wondering how what you do with your exercise calories. Do you eat them, ignore them, eat half, etc. And do you do the same thing for high and low days?
    Thanks so much!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    and you've done so well! I think i'm going to try this zig zagging thing.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    bump
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats on breaking the plateu!!! Great post, I'll definitely be referencing it.