Jealous of people with pear shaped bodies..

Options
I truly believe I am an apple. Current measurements are 36-28-34. My weight is all on my chest and stomach. Girls with the same height and weight as me that have a pear shaped body looks so much more feminine with their curves.. I would be contented with my current weight if I had that shape; tiny waist, rounder hips. Then again, we cant change who we are and we just gotta embrace it and work with it. /end rant.

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hiya - just want to say that as a pear (and an overweight one, else why would I be here?) that translates into "huge bum, smaller waist" so can't get trousers to fit both at once. Eg if you can pull them up over your bum, they're ten miles too big in the waist. And if they fit at the waist... you'll never find out cause they'll never pull up over your ar$e! :laugh:
  • PinkKareBear
    Options
    I'm exactly the same way! Besides not looking as feminine, we have the added cardiovascular risks just for being an apple shape. NOT FAIR. The only good thing is that we can fit into smaller jeans b/c our hips fit better!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I always envy women that can have slim legs at any weight!!!. I am a real pear and I have slim waist and fat legs LOL
  • newgal1
    newgal1 Posts: 15
    Options
    @ Instantsunshine Try apple bottom jeans. Probably more expensive but worth it i think :)
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you know this or not, but you can change the shape of your body by lifting weights.
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    You have to learn to dress for your shape. Apples carry their weight up top so they usually have killer legs and get away with wearing skinny leg jeans and mini-skirts, which I haven't worn in years
    Ugh!! I envy you
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    Not sure if you know this or not, but you can change the shape of your body by lifting weights.

So should I focus on legs and abs? and not do shoulder strength training as much? I would like input on this cuz I have no clue what kind of strength training I should be doing.. I just do whatever I feel like.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do consider myself lucky to be pear shaped. But even at my lowest weight I've NEVER been happy with my thighs. No one is perfect.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr. I'm a pear shape and very jealous of those with lovely slim thighs and bums!!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. I'd prefer to be a women that they use to set jeans sizes so I could find some that fit over my hips without having a huge gap at the waist.

Oh well. I guess if we all EAT more pears and apples (and berries and cucumbers and other healthier foods) we will no longer be comparing our shapes to fruit. And that will be a nice day!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Te grass is always greener!

I'd kill for decent legs, all I've ever wanted was to wear skirts and shorts and haven't been able to because my legs were so disproportionately large! Even now, I'm currently 127lbs, very active and I still have cankles!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you...I'm an apple and always wished I was a pear...my pear frends always complain but I tell them hips are always nice to have than a muffin top ...My only saving grace is my butt so ait kinda balnaces out the top half (well sort of)

But yes I know we all have body parts we arent happy with...but if I could have chosen I would have definitely wanted some hips
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I would like to know more about how to strength train to re shape your body. Any suggestions??
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options

So should I focus on legs and abs? and not do shoulder strength training as much? I would like input on this cuz I have no clue what kind of strength training I should be doing.. I just do whatever I feel like.

Womens health has a nice workout plan but body type...you can check it out..by the way they have different kinds of apples so you can read and see which one you are... I'm an ecto apple according to them
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SO AGREE!!! My best friend and I are about the same size but she is pear and I am apple. She looks amazing in bikinis (with a little bum wiggle, but the boys love that!) and I am super self conscious! Usually we walk around with me in bikini bottoms and her in a bikini top! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my legs and butt but it would be nice to feel comfortable topless also!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    I DONT KNOW WHAT SHAPE I AM! could someone look at my pictures and let me know! aha xx
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I have a 33 inch waist...and 40 inch hips (along with a big butt and thunder thighs). Try finding pants to fit that! It's almost impossible, and extremely frustrating. If they fit in the waist....I can't get them over my hips/butt/thighs. If I CAN get them over all that - they are HUGE in the waist.

I hate pants, lol.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    Don't be jealous...I'm a pear and can NEVER find a pair of trousers that fit properly...if they fit at the hips they are miles too big round the waist and if they fit at the waist....well that doesn't apply as I can't get them up over my bum.....I feel the real problem lies with the people that design and make the clothes in the first place....lets face it most of them are stick insects anyway and they have no idea of the problems that we have trying to fit into their clothes.....so come on designers....lets have clothes for both apples and pears!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

When lifting weights, you do all body parts so you aren't out of proportion. Squats, deadlifts, leg press are all great for lower body. Make sure to incorporate chest, back and shoulders, but a lot of it too is body fat percentage. The lower the body fat percentage the more defined/cut you will be. The key is to lift enough that it's not easy and once you get 3 sets of 8, it's time to add more weight.
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Hiya - just want to say that as a pear (and an overweight one, else why would I be here?) that translates into "huge bum, smaller waist" so can't get trousers to fit both at once. Eg if you can pull them up over your bum, they're ten miles too big in the waist. And if they fit at the waist... you'll never find out cause they'll never pull up over your ar$e! :laugh:
    oh my god,, your littel vicking picture,,i used to watch this as a kid,,and ive been trying hard to remember the song, and the title,,, it slipped out of me,,but wow, you sure brought me back in time,,,,lol