Struggling

Options
2»

Replies

• fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    As for grocery shopping...shop the perimeter, no more processed food unless you can't help it. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats (chicken, fish, lean beef, pork)...you just have to do a little research.

Excellent way to put that. I love it. Shop the perimeter.
    Thank you!!!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If you have a car try driving somewhere nearby and walking in a more picturesque location. It's a lot cheaper than a gym membership. If you have an iPod try downloading some free podcasts on topics that you find interesting (doesn't have to be weight loss).

Food: eggs, chicken, oven roasted turkey breast (from the deli counter), beans, nuts, berries, if you have a grill, use it as often as possible, it will add flavour to your food and help reduce fat content.

Try to avoid eating sugary foods. Try to avoid processed foods - Fresh is best!

And most of all, Good Luck!
  • JBEqualizer
    Options
    If you know someone with a Wii with Wii fit see of you could borrow it. Just 15 minutes a time to start with the radio on in the background or listening to an ipod helps. You could try to make the things you like from scratch and put in finely chopped vegetables carrot, onion, celery etc and try to cut out high fat foods.if you can't cut the high fat the cutting down will help. Both my wife and I are doing this I can't work and she is on maternity leave so we can't afford gym membership either. I have been trying to do as much gardening as possible as well as walking. As daylite said, try and drive somewhere and go for a walk. Look at the scenery and change where you go on a regular basis. I walk every day and its just to the shops and back, I have no car to go farther afield so I have to make do. You could try different fruits with some natural yogurt and honey for breakfast, that's what I do, or egg on wholewheat bread. If you need to, send me a request and you can look at what I eat and what I do for exercise. Any cleaning around the home or food prep/cooking can be put down as exercise. Hope some of this helps.

JB
  • kllnhllrd
    kllnhllrd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I'm going to sit down and write out a diet/fitness plan this afternoon after work. I may need some assitance, so I may contact some of you! But hey, that's what we're all here for, right?! :) Thanks again everyone... these tips are great and priceless! I REALLY appreciate them all!