Pedometer Recommendations

Looking for recommendations on a Pedometer for someone who walks and bikes. Need to count calories. There are so many options I'm not sure which one to go for!

Replies

• kllnhllrd
    kllnhllrd Posts: 17 Member
    I have an OMRON Pedometer... the most basic kind. It doesn't count calories, but they do offer some that do. I'm actually looking to upgrade and I think I'll go with OMRON... they're a decent price, not too expensive... also good quality... also size-wise, they are small and convenient.
    Here's a link to their pedometers and more info on them:
    http://www.omronhealthcare.com/products/line/pedometers/

Hope this helps!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    bump
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Second on the OMRON brand. My friend gave me one (the Aerobic model) and it is easy to use. Calories and step counting seem fairly accurate. I checked the mileage when hiking the other day and the mileage was off (pedometer showed a mile less than the trail map indicated) but that may be due to hiking up- and downhill and on rocky terrain.

I like that it measures all steps PLUS "moderate" steps, moderate indicating higher intensity. I'm aiming to increase the number of moderate steps I get each day.

It also keeps track of the info from the previous 7 days.

Edited to say: Pedometers won't measure anything while biking--you need a bike computer or some sort of gps device for that.