Summer NSV!!

I have always had a hard time with summer. I really don't do well in hot dry weather. Living in a desert without central air compounds the problem. When the temps hit 100+, the temps INSIDE my house (with swamp cooler) hit 85 degrees! YUCK!

BUT, I have noticed that since loosing 50 pounds (ie. 50 pounds of insulation) the summers are much, MUCH more bearable! Prior to the weight loss, I hated anything above 70 degrees. Now, I am actually still comfortable at 80! Hooray for losing all that insulation!!

So there you go. If you hate being hot, there is one more incentive for weight loss!

....and yes, it does make me much colder in the winter, BUT I can always add layers in the winter! LOL!

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    yay for you! Great job! Enjoy your summer!:smile:
  • I hear ya Sister!

When the winds blew part of the roof away a few years ago, we decided to not replace the swamp coolers, so it gets H-O-T in this ole house!

It truly is more bearable and I have lost a little less than you this go round.

Congratulations on being able to enjoy the summer more AND your progress!!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    bump...totally agree with you. since I have lost 44lbs. I can stand the heat a little more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!