Please help!! Pretzel Problem

Options
Auntie Anne's pretzels are my arch-enemy! Particularly the cinnimon sugar one with dipping cream cheese. I just looked at the calories of one online and they have 450 cals! 9 grams of fat!! Thats a lot more than I thought. So my question is this, does ANYONE PLEASE have a recipe for a lowfat pretzel? And how do you keep the cinnimon sugar on it? Thanks so much,

-Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    Auntie Anne's pretzels are my arch-enemy! Particularly the cinnimon sugar one with dipping cream cheese. I just looked at the calories of one online and they have 450 cals! 9 grams of fat!! Thats a lot more than I thought. So my question is this, does ANYONE PLEASE have a recipe for a lowfat pretzel? And how do you keep the cinnimon sugar on it? Thanks so much,

-Danielle
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Uh, Danille, I saw your photos. You can eat as many of those damn things as you want!!

Down boy.

Here's a link to a low fat low cal pretzel http://www.recipezaar.com/54482
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

-Danielle

When I bake bread - I "paint" the top with egg white, then sprinkle oats or poppy seeds (the egg whites help "glue" stuff to the bread.) You could probably do the same with a standard pretzel recipe - just paint it with a bit of egg white just before baking, and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    If you brush them with cinnamon and sugar and want to cut out a few more bad calories you could use the splenda baking mix. Its half sugar and half splenda, or just use splenda all together. I prefer the half and half for stuff like that cuz it doesn't taste much different than regular. :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

-Danielle

Uh, Danille, I saw your photos. You can eat as many of those damn things as you want!!

Oh, BTW, these pretzels are making me thirsty.