If you were a juror on the Casey Anthony trial....

Replies

• Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    My daughter is actually 2 weeks younger than Caylee. I would have no problem whatsoever finding her guilty. I can not even imagine if my daughter were "missing" I would not be waiting a month to report it and you can bet your @$$ that I wouldn't be out partying.
  • That makes me so sad. I can't believe why any mother would kill her child. Rot in hell, Casey.

couldnt have said it better my self
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    I've always said that if I were a juror it would be almost impossible to convince me "beyond a shadow of a doubt" anyone's guilt. And I don't beleive the prosecution has shown any concrete evidence that ties her to the murder,

But in this particular case, If I were a juror, you couldn't convince me she didn't do it. On the fact alone that she didn't report her child missing instantly automatically makes her guilty in my book....I have a 5 yr old son and can't imagine what she had to be thinking.....
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    110% guilty. The chick makes me sick to think of what she put that beautiful baby through. I have 3 kids of my own and I could never comprehend anyone hurting them, let alone their own mother. And unbelievably, there are mothers and fathers out there who have done WORSE to their kids than what Casey did... every time I hear of one, it tears me up inside. Parents, hold your children close and love them with everything you have!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    I'd put a bullet through her head myself.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    now remember you Christians out there who advocate for her death...that certain faith you believe in...
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    now remember you Christians out there who advocate for her death...that certain faith you believe in...
    That's a cop-out.

I mean, I'm not a Christian, but I still think that saying that is a cop-out. There's no reason you shouldn't advocate for capital punishment in a deserving case. I'm not sure Casey necessarily has earned the death penalty, but there are times when it's earned.
  • halobender
    rawrdoublepostness :(
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I would definitely say GUILTY!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Now, things are strange.

I haven't been following this case, but an infant just went missing in my home town.

http://detnews.com/article/20110702/METRO/107020378/1409/rss36

And I feel like there's always more to a story than people are willing to say aloud.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    This is what sticks with me the most (if I were a juror), Dr G's testimony when said, 100% of people whose children die of accidental drowning in a pool call 911. Baez asked, well what if she had been there a long time and it was obvious she was dead. Dr G repeated 100% of people call 911.

The fact that she was dumped in the woods like and animal and duct taped breaks my heart. If I were a juror, I can honestly say that I would find her guilty. My emotions would probably get in the way of making my decisions. At this point I could care less if it was an accident. What Casey did was disgusting and she deserves to fry.
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    If I was a juror I would be having a nervous break down. I cant watch an episode of CSI or Bones with out getting anxious and sick, much less a real life scenario. However everything since the begining of this has been sketchy and inconsistent, so Guilty.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member

Death penalty does not go against the bible. Paul talks about it in the New Testament.
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Guilty on all counts. Death Penalty.

A Parent's first thoughts throughout their life should be - "How do I protect my children and ensure they grow up within a loving environment."

That woman never became a Mother and never went past her own selfish desires.

A fitting punishment would be that she be duct-taped and thrown into a swamp to rot herself.

But instead we'll waste 20-30 years on her state-payed for appeals before some liberal governer decides to commute her sentence out of her "reformed" acts in prison.

And some people may claim she'll find Jesus while in prison. That's just fine. He'll be holding Casey's hand in Heaven as she goes up to the Pearly Gates. If she becomes repentant before she dies, than she'll go through the Gates. If not well, there is a certain place in Hell for Baby-killers right beside men like Goebbels, Hitler, etc.

Bruce
    Husband and Father of 3 children
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112

Death penalty does not go against the bible. Paul talks about it in the New Testament.

There is nothing against the death penalty in the bible! BUT I am pretty sure that God does not want us to condone someone who would treat a child like she did and dispose of the child in a plastic bag with duct tape around her head. The fact that I am a christian does not at all make me thingk that they death penalty is wrong.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Unbelievable. The jury thinks she lied to the police but didn't do the crime. At the least it should have been second degree.

I hope these jurors can sleep well tonight knowing they let this *^%& off the hook
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I cannot believe this. Such bull****.
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Unbelievable is the word for sure! How do you live with yourself after doing that? And to top it off, she will probably make a lot of money one day with a movie about her story or something.
  • halobender
    What the ****. That's insane. "We're pretty sure you lied about it, and knew what was going on, but we don't think that YOU did it, just that you knew about it and knew what happened to your daughter, who cares."

I dunno. I'm not familiar with every detail in the case. Maybe there's acquittable evidence in there. Maybe the prosecution really didn't meet their burden of proof, as has been echoed by several responders in this thread. Maybe she is horribly callous toward the death of her daughter and doesn't care what happened and yet didn't have anything to do with it.

Whatever, if she didn't do it, then I hope that they find the real culprit.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I haven't really been keeping up with the trial but from what I've heard she certainly didn't act like a mother would act if she's innocent in the death of her child. And what mother waits for a month (from what I've heard) before reporting her child missing!? I'm not going to make a judgement about whether she deserves the death penalty or not but I will say, as a Christian I do believe in the death penalty.
This discussion has been closed.