Another newb

Options
Hi,
Firstly let me congratulate you all on your weight loss, browsing through the forums and looking at the pictures is a great inspiration.

My story currently 235lb, aged 41 and I need to loose about 60lbs if not more. I had a heart attack last year and im sure the weight im carrying didn't help along with the fatty foods, too much booze and 20 cigs a day.:smile:

Cigs have gone, fatty food has gone but im having the occasional drink.

Ive started swimming recently at my local pool and im doing about 1hr x 5 sessions per week, not an hour continuous but allot more than I would be doing sat at home on the computer.

I look forward to chatting to you all and hopefully sharing my own succes story:smile:

Cheers

Replies

• Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You have found a great site! You're off to a great start by giving up the cigs. I have had too many people in my life that have died from lung cancer and have mouth cancer from cigs. :angry: It sounds like you are already beginning your weight loss journey. Take it a day at a time and you will do well. Feel free to add me as an accountability buddy. Good luck! :smile:
  • paul1969
    paul1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome still getting used to how everything works etc.. ive set myself a personal challenge to complete 100 miles cycling this month on top of the swimming im doing already.

Thanks again