me+low carb= disaster

fat2fab4life
fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
here I am, all 232 lbs of me sitting at a bbq staring at everyone having a good time. Not thinking about the cares of this world enjoying themself. Here I am looking at people eating burgers and chips and hot dogs on a bun. then they look over at me and laugh b/c I am eating a hot dog with relish ketsup and mustard with no bun, a hamburger with pickles, cheese and lettuce with no bun, I can't have but one or two chips and a sample just a sample of potato salad and banana pudding. Today I have decided that If I am going to lose weight and make a lifestyle change, it won't be by removing carbs. I can see that in the near future I will feel so deprived I will order a large dominos pizza and just lose my mind. Instead I will follow mfp suggested nutritional info and just eat in moderation. (thanks for listening I had a ligh bulb moment)

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I'm all for moderation! A turkey brawt on a whole wheat bun is probably LESS calories than your hotdog and burger without a bun.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    No one said you had to go low carb! Please don't. Some people can but I honestly can't. Last time I lowered my carb intake, I started craving carbs like CRAZY. All I wanted was pizza, spaghetti, lots of bread, you name it. Now I just try to eat balanced.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    i can drop weight so fast by going on a low carb diet for a couple weeks. i always go back to eating them and instantly gain it all back. so i hear ya on it not working!
  • Laughing at your because you were eating differently? After you adjust your diet, I'd adjust my friends too. How childish of them.
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    have some real salads with it like i did at a party... no rice or anythning like that... forget the bun and things... if you feel deprived have half of it..
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    My opinion on carbs is that the RIGHT carbs are part of a balanced diet. That means whole grains and carbs from fruit and vegetables. The carbs at that barbeque are probably the wrong king (highly processed and full of sugar).

Think of it this way -- when your friends are eating a hot dog on a white bun, it's practically the same as eating a hot dog wrapped in a doughnut! If they were wholewheat buns, that would be a great choice for you, but if they aren't, you're definitely doing the right thing by avoiding the buns altogether!
  • low carb is the only way for me but it not for everyone plus im a pesco been three years so i know nothing else but it really isn't for everyone
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Funny.... why? Because I thought the same thing. Until I realized my body is a 'balanced' oxidizer and I need to eat 40% carbs in my diet to lose weight!! Go figure?

This is all a journey of learning.... don't give up and don't feel deprived.

God loves you as you are.... let the haters hate!! :-)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. But don't let people being ****s at a party make your decision.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    I can eat a Wendy's 1/4 lb with cheese and half a large order of fries for lunch and not gain. That doesn't mean i can then go to Pizza Hut for supper and have 5-6 pieces and not over the long term anyways.n The hamburger and fries though high in calories are not overly high and i might have one once a week. If i eat pizza i limit myself to 2 slices. Moderation not Deprivation is key.
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Thank u all for your helping words!
This discussion has been closed.