Replies

• Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I love annoying others by eating healthy in front of them!:wink:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The other night I went to the movies with DH. We were on a budget and he was kinda grumpy about it. He asked me if I wanted anything to drink? I said I'd like a bottle of water. He said in a real crabby tone, "I'm not paying $3 for a bottle of water!" That hurt. He knows I haven't had a soda since March. We were going to share a drink and he didn't want to drink water. I, of course, informed him that I spent my last $2 getting him a LARGE cherry slushy the other day at Sonic. Then he tried to buy me a bottle of water and I refused him. We both went without a drink and popcorn and the movie was still really good.

BTW, he is usually so supportive.

I would have accepted the water graciously when he came around. When you're healthy, he wins too! Glad the movie was good though!
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    one recent family dinner I left pretty hungry: bbq chicken-skin on & sauce dripping, baked beans, cheesy potatoes, creamy green bean casserole, sweet tea, pasta salad and cake & ice cream for dessert.
    I picked at some food, moved it around on the place and drank a lot of water. What can you do sometimes??

My plan is to hide a protein bar in my purse for future occasions like this so I can sneak it and at least my stomach won't growl.
    You must be from the south. I'm pretty much skipping holidays this summer. I havent figured out what to do about christmas.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've had problems with eating healthy at work. People got to be really rude about it, actually. My workplace always had candy and chocolate around, and not just once in a while. It was several bags of candy around every day, and everyone would eat constantly. I always avoided eating junk like that. I didn't frame it as a weight loss issue - I was afraid of making people feel bad. because some of them were bigger than me. I just said no, I was trying to eat healthier. I have no idea how it rubs people the wrong way just to say no to food, but it's a really big deal to some people.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    it happens every other day at work, ugh. theres a lady there that when ever im eating my lunch says something like "oh, you're eating healthy again?"...um, yes i am i have been for over 10 months thanks. she acts so surprised every time. i think some ppl play stupid but it does get old. i'm trying to just ignore them. you shoulod too! :)
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    For the first time, after seeing me make my burgers this way for years, my husband finally tried spinach instead of lettuce and carrots on his bacon cheeseburger. He loved it and said he should have started that long ago! If they see us do it enough, they try it out too. :D
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious!! And when I say no thanks to certain things I get the stank eye.......excuse me for living lol!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was out for lunch with family. They all had pop, cheeseburgers and fries (with dipping sauce). I had an appetizer bruschetta bread and a salad with nuts, veggies, cranberries, dressing, and a water. I got so much slack for eating so well. Did they want me to order half a cow?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    One good thing I've noticed is my friends now all get the low-cal Monsters instead of the regulars. Its not big, but its a step in a good direction. Lol
  • NewLeafEats
    NewLeafEats Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha! Thankfully my friends and family don't get me weird looks or comments. They all know I've lost weight, and they all see me eat. Since I'm maintaining, I actually just eat whatever is served to me, in moderation. If I have a choice, I choose a more healthy option. It's pretty simple. My friends know when they come to my house that they will be served *real* food, and that's what I'm about. I cook with real butter, real sugar, etc., but balanced with a lot of fruits/veg, quality protein, and whole grains, and so I think that's why they like my cooking. I try to eat a balance of real food. If I turn something down, it's because I really don't like what I'm being offered and/or I'm really not hungry. Both those answers usually suffice.