Calorie Zig-Zagging Help Please!

Options
I've reached a bit of a plateau and am thinking about trying to reach an overall calorie goal, or zig-zagging my calories. I've read a bunch of posts on here but I'm still a bit unsure of how to proceed. Right now I'm at 196 lbs (just over 20 lost already!) and I'm eating to my limit of 1350 a day for 1.5lbs loss per week.

I'm not sure what I should set my calories at. Should I only be using a weekly total that equals my 1350 a day? Or should I be having more? I'd like my weekends to be higher days, especially Saturday, but don't want to go over 1700, and my low days to be no lower than 1200 or I don't think I'd be able to stick to it.

Advise please!!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You could also just adjust your goals to a 1/2 or 1 lb loss instead of 1.5 lbs and see what happens.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This site has a built in zigzag generator.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I don't know if MFP would let you enter daily goals like this or not, but I plan on using it whenever I hit a plateau.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    1350 * 7 = 9450

Shoot for a weekly total of 9300-9600 and a daily average of 1300-1450, and you'll get results.

I did the same thing last week. I decided that I didn't feel comfortable going above 1800 or below 1200. Then, I just played with numbers in between until I got the daily average I wanted.

So, an example week for you would be:

Monday:1200
    Tuesday:1500
    Wednesday: 1300
    Thursday:1600
    Friday: 1200
    Saturday: 1700
    Sunday: 1400

Total: 9900
    Daily Average: 1414

I broke through a month-long plateau this week and lost 2.8 pounds because of zig-zagging! :P
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    This site has a built in zigzag generator.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I don't know if MFP would let you enter daily goals like this or not, but I plan on using it whenever I hit a plateau.

But the values they give me on this site are soooo high! I don't trust it.