MIO water enhancer

Options
What do you think of it? I'm curious about it. It adds no calories right? And does it add any vitamins or anything?

Replies

• makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is just for flavor. It's sooo yummy. There's nothing bad in it and 0 calories.:happy:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    it is highly toxic for you! use fresh lime or lemon or orange to flavor your water
  • kcxdrms678
    Options
    I think it's just for flavor. But I use it all the time becuase it has no calories or sugar and it has no artificial flavors or ingredients :) I just recently found out about it and I've been drinking it all the time ever since!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I use it. I've heard people say that there is stuff in it that antifreeze is made from, but I did a little research and found that substance is in many foods. So, I use is sparingly, just when I need a change of taste. :)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I thought it had two artifical sweetners in it and they were bad for you? I read that on a different post on MFP. Try searching and see what comes up about it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think it's just for flavor. But I use it all the time becuase it has no calories or sugar and it has no artificial flavors or ingredients :) I just recently found out about it and I've been drinking it all the time ever since!

Have you READ the ingredients???

Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citrict Acid, Contains less than 2% of natural flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame potassium(Sweeteners), Potassium citrate, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Perservative)

Potassium citrate is mostly used to treat kidney stones -- um, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Propylene Glycol - is the main ingredient in deodorant. Yum!

Sucralose - is 600 times sweeter than normal sugar and cannot be broken down by the body.
  • Inuav
    Inuav Posts: 1
    Options
    It gives me tummy turmoil! I don't drink it anymore.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I have found (for myself) that if I consume sucralose for more than a couple days at a time, it has a laxative effect on me. If you like lemon, lime or orange, you miight enjoy TRUElemon, TRUElime and TRUEorange- NO calories, no sugar- just crystallized flavor packets. I add them to water AND plain yogurt.
    You'll generally find them in the same section where the drink mixes are.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners and food colorings???? I'll pass.

Check out MyWater, made by Soda Stream. It is all natural, no sweeteners and no colorings. Otherwise, add a piece of fruit to your water.
  • changedbutterfly
    Options
    Wow! Good post! I wanted to try this but I'll pass now.