body temp and metabilism

Options
Hi,

Does body temperature has anything to do with rate of metabilism? My normal temp is 97.6, and tonight it is down to 96. I am worried that my metablisim is also off. Please excuse my spelling errors. lol

Replies

• CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm curious about this too!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    My normal body temperature is around 96 degrees (it makes it sooooooooooo much fun arguing with people when I tell them I have a fever at 99 degrees) so got curious did some research. Of course, it's been a while and I've forgotten what it said other than how to get an average body temperature but from doing a google search now, I got this:

The normal range of human body temperature varies due to an individuals metabolism rate, the higher (faster) it is the higher the normal body temperature or the slower the metabolic rate the lower the normal body temperature. Other factors that might affect the body temperature of an individual may be the time of day or the part of the body in which the temperature is measured at. The body temperature is lower in the morning, due to the rest the body received, and higher at night after a day of muscular activity and after food intake.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/LenaWong.shtml
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Your body temperature will also fluctuate depending where in your cycle you are. From the end of TOM onwards your body temperature rises slightly, but if you don't get pregnant it will drop off again shortly before you start your next TOM.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_body_temperature

It can be caused by other things too though so if you're really worried about it a call to your doctor's office might be worth it just for peace of mined.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This does help a lot. I also have a hard time explaining that at 99 I have a fever.