anyone else on a 1200 cal restriction?

Options

Replies

• saydeebrannon
    Options
    My problem exactly! I know mfp takes so much of the math and calculating off
    Your hands but after spending my whole day planning my meals usually I have to force myself
    To snack in order to keep up with it! And I hate eating after 8 but with my schedule as a
    Student,employee,and mommy to a demanding 8 month old, lol it happens!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. i was at 1200, but based on a lot of feedback, I am trying to increase it. I have been plateaued and have been told that if I don't eat more my body will not give up the weight. We shall see!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    1200 here too (this is where I have been since October)!! Take a look at my diary too if you would like!? I eat 1100-1200 on work days (Sun-Tues) and 1300-1400 (cuz of my workouts) all other days except my cheat day (which I eat whatever I want!) I have lost 58lbs since Octber 2nd when joining!! That's about 6.5lbs/month...which I think is a pretty healthy rate :)

EXAMPLE MENU
    Meal 1-egg and cheese sandwhich, and a banana=380 cals
    Meal 2-protein milkshake=175 cals
    Meal 3-yogart and granola=220 cals
    Meal 4 sante fe chicken salad, apple, and fiber one bar=410 cals

TOTAL=1185 cals
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am on 1210. Friend me if you like and we can compare notes!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 as well!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day too - to be honest I do find it a little difficult which is why I try to exercise to get some extra allowance!

I'm only at the beginning though so I don't have a great success story, but one thing I try to do is have a low calorie brekkie, so a small bowl of cereal or something which gives me some extra calories for the day if I get peckish later on.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 but definitely eat my exercise calories so it varies from day to day. If you can eat fresh foods, fish, and fill in with protein shakes (ie. EAS Advantage low carb series) you can stay under the 1200.

I usually try to eat 3-300 calorie meals and two snacks at 100-150 calories if I'm not exercising. The summer is always tough due to lots of travel. My hope is that raw food restaurants make it to large airports!
  • shan889
    shan889 Posts: 73
    Options
    The 1200 cal restriction kind of sucks, but it's def doable! When I first started I was getting so hungry later in the day, because I would eat up all the cals!!! If you chop up your calories through out the day it makes it way easier. Try to eat something small every couple hours. This will not only help with the hunger, but boost your metabolism. Also, in the morning is when you want the most calories. Try to start out with something that is going to really boost your energy for the day!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1270 after my 1000 deficit losing 2lbs a week. Funny thing I haven't lost anything. I'm maintaining lol.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200. I seem to find myself eating handfuls of fruit and nut to get myself up there since I exercise and earn a few more.
  • DECAFLiving
    DECAFLiving Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am and I am STARVING!!! But with a little excersize you get more calories whoohoo! :smile:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    hi there!! I'm also on a 1200 restriction. What I try to do is eat three meals per day with a couple light snacks in between. I try to make my snacks healthy ones with an occasional "goody". I try to exercise 5-6 days per week and so far I've been losing 1.5 llbs per week. I would like to lose more but I think that's all I can practically.

Good luck with your losses!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm keeeping my calorie intake at 1200 a day as well. Seems to be working well for me so far.
  • trp1978
    trp1978 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am on it, and it's a little hard for me right now, but I think it's because I just started MFP July 1, and prior to that I ate out ALL the time (hence needing MFP in the first place : )). I went over the first few days because I had just completely lost any sense of portion size and calorie content from eating so poorly over the past few years. Like others have said, it really helps that you can earn exercise calories; so if I get hungry and I'm already up to 1200, I'll do enough exercise to afford a snack, lol. I can't handle things like shakes & protein bars as a meal so when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I just loaded up on easy, low calorie ingredients and plan to stay full by eating fruits or veggies with every meal. I have lost one pound since July 1 so I think it's working. Hope this helps!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I put myself on a 1200 calorie a day diet. It is so easy to stay within the total for me because I burn a minimum of 1,000 perday from working out. . I eat well and I don't feel like am starving and you can see how much I have lost from my ticker.

The key is to work out, not just try to stay with 1200 calories. Change the lifestyle!
  • mollycivinskas
    Options
    Yeah I am! The way to earn more calories is to exercise more.
  • siyosa
    siyosa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200/day. Does everyone use their exercise calories? I didn't at first, but then realized my BMR is 1700 and I'm afraid to go TOO low with calories.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm on 1200 a day been doing it for 2 months and often come in under and am rarely hungey...

Check my diary is you like

Lucy
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I just raised mine to 1400 because I was eating my exercise calories anyway. I think 1400 is healthier for me but it just all depends on how your body reacts to the amount of calorie intake, exercise, etc. It's a personal thing.
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 1200 as well. Realized I am a snacker & was eating WAY too much junk when I really wasnt hungry. Now, I AM hungry, but can't snack...cruel world :(
    Anyway, I am eating my "extra" exercise calories. Think I will loose better if I don't??