Recipes for college students!

Options
blpope
blpope Posts: 163
Now that July is finally here, I'm getting excited to go back to college in August (okay, more so for the social aspect, not the brutal hours of studying). And this year, I will have a stove/oven and a full-sized fridge, so I don't need a full meal plan...which means I can spend less on Tums and more on healthy foods :D So, what are your favorite quick, inexpensive, easy (preferably idiot-proof) recipes?

Replies

• kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    STIR FRY: sautee some veggies (my fave are carrots, broccoli and onion) in soy sauce, add cooked noodles and some peanut butter to taste. Quick and easy and leftovers are just as delicious!
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

they are healthy, and seem to be easy
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yes, me, too! :D I like www.skinnytaste.com recipes, Lean Cuisine steamers, stir fry, baked or grilled chicken with veggies, and homemade soups and chilis. :)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    cooked cous cous,rice,or quinoa with sautted veggies and a lean meat or a few shrimp.
    1/2 a cup of pasta with the same and some cheese and breadcrumbs. Yumm
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Invest in a crock pot/slow cooker. There are SO many things you can do with it. It's perfect for a college student or anyone who is on the go. You can put ingredents in and do whatever needs to be done without watching it for several hours. This also greatly reduces the chance you'll burn your meals.