I can't drink water

Options
I have a very hard time drinking water. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I try drinking too much. Help! What else can I count as water intake?

Replies

• GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    I have a very hard time drinking water. I feel like I'm going to throw up if I try drinking too much. Help! What else can I count as water intake?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. Try spicing it up with lemon or lime juice. Everything about this site is going to be a life change, so it will take time.

Also, thoughts are powerful things. If you say you hate it, you will gag. If you think of the benefits (clearer skin, healthy kidneys, healthy body) you'll get over it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between can't....and won't.

I don't like water, makes me gag....but I choose to drink it for my health.
    Foods with a high water content can help somewhat but I am not sure it's as good for you as plain old water. Again, there is a difference between thirst and hunger for a reason.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was like that when I returned from my deployment and I just started adding cucumber slices one time and then lemon the next ... just something to make it have a little bit of taste.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    you could try adding crystal light if its really making you feel like your gonna be sick. Alot of times I find that putting in a little flavor makes all the difference in the world when it comes to forcing down that last glass or two of water. Just remember that the calorie count for the individual serving packets is for HALF of the packet.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between can't....and won't.

I don't like water, makes me gag....but I choose to drink it for my health.
    Foods with a high water content can help somewhat but I am not sure it's as good for you as plain old water. Again, there is a difference between thirst and hunger for a reason.

Bunny-- I'm usually the one with the snapoutofit.gif attitude-- what gives? LOL-- I agree. Yes, you CAN drink the water-- do what it takes, it's good for you.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You might also try a bunch of ice in the water too... I dont like it warm
  • JustJody
    Options
    I also cannot drink water.....:grumble: :..............I really hate it. My trainer said I could use fruit flavored waters/ iced tea etc......................I really like the Minute Maid Light Fruit Drinks ............and of course I drink Diet Sierra Mist............Good Luck...JJ
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I started with the crystal light packets that I put in my water and now I just drink water. My water has to be cold though. I can not drink warm water for the life of me unless of course I was dying of thirst. You need the water.

Connie
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    just sip it. don't try to guzzle. :smile:
    Options
    Anything you would drink that has water in it you can actually count as water intake, but (and here is the clincher) if your water has any caffine in it then you can only count it as half. For example: you have a 16oz glass of ice tea with sugar, because of the caffine you can only say you had a 8 oz glass of water. Caffine will infact eat up half of the water you take in each day. So for me I don't count any water that has caffine in it as water intake, to me that is just extra. I drink plain water as cold as I can get it, just before it freezes.
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    I can't stand water either so I cheat. Being new on the site, I'm not sure if this is OK but I've found these drink mixes that are sodium free and calorie free. (I get them at Walmart but Crystal Light makes them also) They are the best!! Really helps get the water down. At least I hope it counts to my water daily requirement.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I use the Wal-mart brand of crystal light. it has no calories!! you can put in as little or as much as you like.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    OMG I guess I should feel very lucky...:drinker: :drinker:

I love my water!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine anyone taking my water away!!:sad: :heart:

tap water put that into my water bottles, stick it in the fridge...YUM-O I do so love my water...:smooched: :smooched:

Wow, I have heard of folks that won't drink water....but I'm not sure I've heard of anyone who CAN'T drink water! Sounds scary....I think you can only go so many days without water....then you die.....from thirst!:drinker: :yawn:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    For over a year, mine has been flavored water (sugar free kool aid, Propel fitness water, Diet Green tea). Only in the past week have I been able to drink straight water. For me, if it's water based (like kool aid) it counts as water.
  • GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    Does diet soda count as water? Just curious.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Whenever you say you "can't" do something, you're giving yourself permission to fail. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Does diet soda count as water? Just curious.

it's a dieretic.........makes you pee more.....so not really no. Water = water many fruits and veggie with high water content will help but it's really BEST to do everything you can do get 1/2 your weight in oz. drank as water each day.

tea, coffee, pop all are dieretics (sp) which make you go pee...which means you just lost alot of the water in the contents of those items plus more..........:yawn:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Water helps your cells do their job of showing fat the door, but that isn't the only reason they need water. If you don't drink water, your cells are going to have a very hard time operating the way nature intended them to.

I also hated water. I NEVER DRANK IT. I didn't drink pop, iced tea. Only one cup of coffee in the morning. I might have had a glass of milk a couple times a week, but otherwise, NOTHING. I don't know how I didn't drop dead of dehydration before now.

Diet sodas don't count because they have SODIUM in them. Might as well not bother for the benefits that wont' be provided.

Now, I begin at 9am drinking water at work and don't stop til 5:30 when I leave -- and if on weekends I dont' start drinking water by 10am, I'm in a panic to get to a fountain or my bottle.

You have to drink some water. Sip it slowly. Some is better than none. If you really want to be healthier you'll figure out a way to do it.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Try drinking really watered down ice tea with splenda for sweetener...
    I had to do that too....
    I can drink water but somedays I have to do the watered down tea thing.