NSV..or two.

Options
I had laundry to wash today and my jeans were in the load. I was struggling to find something to wear and then ran across a pair of Old Navy jeans I haven't worn in about a year. Decided just to see how they would fit and what do you know? They fit! :] It's a good thing because my other jeans are starting to fall off me.

Secondly, my mom is overweight as well. She complains that she needs to get it off, but she won't do anything about it. She has seen me go for walks, do crunches, dips, squats, etc and she has tried to do the dips and go for walks with me. I am sooo proud of her trying to do something. She is even trying to be more cautious of what she eats. It's not a perfect success there [nor with me], but I know that it's not just in the back of her mind anymore. She wants to accomplish it eventually.

Replies

• ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great NSV... and way to go MOM!!!!:wink:
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    That is AWESOME for both of you! You actually just inspired me to go try on a pair of pants I've hung onto for 3 years!! They were to small when I bought them but they've got to be close to fitting me now!!

Also..my sister and brother in law are the one's that turned me onto this site and it's been so great!! My whole family gets together for dinner at least once a week and now we always go for either a bike ride of a walk all together!! We help hold each other accountable for our food choices too which is really nice. It's great to have family involved!!!
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    That is awesome!! Can't wait to fit into my old jeans & its wonderful that ur successes have inspired ur mama to change some things in her own life!! keep up the good work, its obviously paying off in more ways than one!! ;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My grandmother at age 67 lost 50 lbs over the last two years. If she can do it, so can you and your mom.

Congrats on your skinny jeans! Great stuff!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah BECCA love those NSV,
    and WAY TO INSPIRE YOUR MOM...keep it up!!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    That is AWESOME for both of you! You actually just inspired me to go try on a pair of pants I've hung onto for 3 years!! They were to small when I bought them but they've got to be close to fitting me now!!

Ok...so I tried on my pants today and they fit!!! I could still stand to lose another 2-3lbs for them to fit better...but that's the best they've fit since I bought them!!!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Ok...so I tried on my pants today and they fit!!! I could still stand to lose another 2-3lbs for them to fit better...but that's the best they've fit since I bought them!!!

Way [weigh] to go! Haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!