modifying 30 day shred

Options
I recently started 30 day shred and it is really aggravating an old ankle injury so much so that i cant do it today and it has been aching since I started it. I want to continue to do it and really have enjoyed the program (after I caught my breath of course) but the jumping jacks and butt kicks are killing my foot. do you guys have any suggestions of exercises i can replace those with?

thanks !

Replies

• ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    If there is a cardio exercise I can't get through I replace it with a different one, that way I am still moving the whole time! Much better than stopping!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with 30DS, so instead I started doing "no more trouble zones" I like it better it's more strength training then cardio and burns more calories

I am currently doing the biggest loser cardo max and LOVE IT, it's easy on the ankle and gets your heart rate up
    hope that helps
    good luck
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would try to replace it with more punches or some other type of cardio if it's causing you trouble.
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just started today, but did a "modified" jumping jack. Basically the same thing except you have to alternate legs.(kicking out to the sides) and not jumping. I keep my arms going as you would though with a regular jumping jack.. I sure hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain.

Oh and you could always do what I call kickbacks.. if you stand with you feet a bit wider than shoulder width apart, you can bring one leg behind you at a time and just alternate. kind of like butt kicks but no jumping...
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    YOu can do modified jumping jacks. Instead of jumping keep your arms going the same as if you were jumping just take right leg and tap out the the side then left leg and tap out to the left side and keep alternating until time is up. Do these with the but kicks too. And maybe try wrapping your ankle with an ace bandage for more support.
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to give those tips a try tonight. I was way too sore to do it last night so tonight I will give it a go. :)