Type 1 Diabetics

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for others with Type 1 diabetes who understand JUST HOW HARD it is for any Type 1 to lose weight. Common experiences bring us together, you know? :)

So my dear beta cell deficient friends, add me!

Replies

• wanttogetskinny
    Options
    bumping
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    hey =)

totally right there with you. it took me a whole year to drop 15 pounds and it was hella hard, but keep it going. something is better than nothing, right?
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck! My daughter's best friend/my best friend's daughter is a 10 year old living with type 1. I cannot imagine how you lose weight based on the dietary constraints she has.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    hey =)

totally right there with you. it took me a whole year to drop 15 pounds and it was hella hard, but keep it going. something is better than nothing, right?

This makes me feel a little better. I was on here hardcore from Oct-May and have only lost 15lbs. It is hard to see my MFP friends lose what I need to overall in a 3-4 month period. The most I lost in 1 month was 6lbs b/c I changed gyms. Other than that its like 1/2 - 1lb a month.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm at the last 10 pounds or so and the scale will not move - I'm trying to look more at body fat percentage than weight now.

I mentioned this in another thread but I suspect insulin resistance is playing a part in this - I'm hoping that increased exercise and lower carbs will help eventually!