Only lost a pound this week

Options
I know a pound is still a pound but I was hoping for a bit more .

Please come and give me a kick to get my motivation going .

I was on track to lose 3 pounds this week (it is only my second week so was expecting a good loss)

But I have buggered it all up by drinking wine in the sunshine .

I do find weekends a bit tricky , bbqs and meeting friends always makes things tricky , and of course once the wine is flowing I then make bad food choices .

Anybody feel like coming and nagging me ?

Replies

• catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    do you work out? if so, add intervals, ull burn tons more calories in the same time. are you keeping track of the condiments you are using? thinks like ketchup and bbq sause are loaded with cals. and dont be discouraged! it might just be water weight
  • fredd500
    fredd500 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just think how much worse it COULD have been. As you say, a pound is a pound and it took you 40 years to gain 180 lbs, it is going to take longer than two weeks to lose it. Good luck and keep focused.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It's more than I lost this week, as much as I wate Sun and Mon, I know I must have gained at least a pound! *whaaaaaa*
  • lindainlv
    lindainlv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You know why you only lost 1 lb. Nothing you can do about it now. Learn from it & move on. What are you going to do differently to make sure it does not happen again? The main thing is, keep on keepin' on. Don't let one mistake destroy everything.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna say this...unless you can make great choices while hanging with your friends on the weekend...sometimes we have to sacrifice for a season until we've got ourselves under control. I've said for a long time, I really haven't made much of a social life, because between working, spending time with my kids, church and the GYM/working out constantly, I dont have time for much else because I am focused and determined. There are times I hang out, but those times I ramp up my exercise to burn a tremendous amount of calories so it won't matter if I slip and have something not so great. But that is far few and in between because I'm focused...so just stay focused and continue to reach out for advise and support.
  • wilburyT
    wilburyT Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all of you .

I am exercising and I have managed to keep that up well . I don't want to hide myself away from friends but I think I am going to have to knock the drinking on the head for a wee while at least . After a glass of wine the peanuts look too tempting .

Onwards and upwards for this week .

I am definetely not going to give up !
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm lucky to get a pound a week, more like a pound a month. It's just my body type. Like the other person said, it took you years to gain...good luck and stay the course.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    YEP.........that was my cycle for YEARS!!! good all week and come the weekend, wine, cheese you name it...:o) I finally just thought NO I have to knuckle down if I want to be serious....I'm an all or nothing person so I find I can't trust myself too much to indulge....BUT I'm learning....I've been eating clean for 10 weeks, no alcohol and I've only had one small binge the entire time....it is early days, I think you just need to make your mind up sometimes whether you really want this....it took me years to do that, with lots of tears in between!!! Once I get to maintanence I will allow myself a little more, my plan is to eat clean 90% of the time, so it's a whole lifestyle change...I think you have to find what works best for you, but sacrifice is a huge part of the journey, not just for weightloss but for life in general...
  • claireb9
    claireb9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You got to see your friends, drink wine in the sunshine, have a nice time (I hope) and still lost weight. That sounds like an all-round winning situation to me!

Well-done!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Plan your good times and work out a lot ahead of time, or forgive yourself and work out the next day, or when you are up to it(LOL). Just remember it takes 3500 cal to lose a pound, or 300 a day. It's not just daily, but cumulative. Just remember it's a marathon, not a sprint!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You've lost a pound - if you do that every week, you'll soon see the difference.
    I think social occasions are hard, but it helps to go in with a game plan. Swap every second drink for a water or soda water, take along some snacks (healthy dip and veggies for example) and fit in some exercise on social days to give yourself a few extra cals.
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is so refreshing. On the WW boards, if someone complained about only losing a pound, the poster would be ridiculed and berated. They were just plain vicious there.

For the record, I do think losing a pound in a week is great, but sometimes you feel like you worked harder than that and wish the universe would throw you a bone. :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    well, a pound a week is really what you should expect; you are not that heavy. I'm sorry to say, but 3 lbs/week is pretty unrealistic unless someone is obese.

blessings.