Replies

• ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    Today.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you are still awake from "yesterday" then I would count it on that same day.
    Honestly, it really doesn't matter, as long as you account for it and are consistent about your cut off time each day.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wont your food diary say today?
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    Count it for today since it is TODAY not yesterday. Once MFP switches over I count that on that day. Plus, if you're truly wanting to drop the pounds - don't eat before you go to bed. The energy doesn't get burned. Good luck!
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I work night shift so I always count it on the day that I woke up during. So even though it's after midnight until I go to sleep all of my calories will be counted on Monday.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, for sure. I think a "day" should mean our whole, active, long day, from the time you get up until the time you finally go to sleep. It will be accurate as long as you are consistent.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Either way, it's up to you. I log everything until I go to sleep on one day. When I wake up I start the new day.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I count from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed as the same day - even if it is after midnight.

So, the almonds I just ate will be counted on Monday and not Tuesday. I haven't been to bed yet. :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    My schedule is SO out of whack. I try to log everything from the time I'm awake til I sleep as one day. But, sometimes I'm up for 35 hours straight, so I don't worry too much if I log something on another day. It all balances out to an average net.
  • smith18aj
    smith18aj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I set my sections up as time slots instead of meals. 6am-10am, etc at 4 hour increments with the last being 2am-6am. Nowadays I'm hardly up and eating to the 2am time frame but sometimes my work schedule reflects that. Today, (tuesday) all of the things I eat from the time I got up at 6:15 until when I go to bed (even if it's after midnight) will be logged on that Tuesday diary entry. Setting it up that way helped make the "it's after midnight where does this go" decision very easy.
  • punk_mama
    punk_mama Posts: 93
    Options
    I would count it as yesterday but I stop counting when I go to bed. I second not eating before bed. The days I went over were the days I ate on the way home from work then i always went to bed right away ....bad news :)