Best inner thigh toning workout?

Options
Hi all! I was hoping to find a great inner thigh toning workout. When I do squats, lunges or RDL's with an Olympic bar, I sort of feel my inner thighs working, but not so much compared to my hams, quads, calves and glutes. So does anyone out there have any calisthenic exercises that I could do to help target that area better? It's one of my toughest spots to firm up, as I tend to carry my extra weight between my gluteous maximus and my thighs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I use the hip machines at the gym. I think those - combined with running have helped my thighs look better. They're still big - but, they're pure muscle.
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    I totally didn't realize this was in 'Success stories". Awk! Long day=) Thank you for that tip...I don't go to the gym, unfortunately. I have started running again, but not long enough to see serious results.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    See if you can feel this one in your thighs. Stand with your legs shouder distance apart, feet turned outward . Start out as if you are going to do a squat, but start pulsing up and down while tightening your inner thigh muscles. Do not come all the way back up to a full standing position, just sort of bounce up and down. Keep your back straight. It doesn't feel like much at first, but keep it up and you will really feel it. Try to do 50 pulses, rest, then start again.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    Hi all! I was hoping to find a great inner thigh toning workout. When I do squats, lunges or RDL's with an Olympic bar, I sort of feel my inner thighs working, but not so much compared to my hams, quads, calves and glutes. So does anyone out there have any calisthenic exercises that I could do to help target that area better? It's one of my toughest spots to firm up, as I tend to carry my extra weight between my gluteous maximus and my thighs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Force your knees outward (to the sides) when in the bottom position and when coming up from your squats. Also, when in the bottom position, don’t just stand up; stand up by driving your hips forward.
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest the same as the two people above. I think they're sometimes referred to as sumo squats and you can find videos or tutorials online. You can also do little jumps at the top part of the movement to add a bit of extra challenge.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zone there is an inner thigh move that she does that's killer. I'm not even sure if I can explain it, but I found a clip of it on youtube, it's at the 16 second mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGSAP5htoq4
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings! After 3 sets of 30 with a mere 8kg weight, my inner thighs are screaming at me two days on!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I've been looking for inner thigh exercises too... thank you to those who posted!
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings! After 3 sets of 30 with a mere 8kg weight, my inner thighs are screaming at me two days on!
    OMG yes! I'm with Berry on this one! Inner thighs get a great work out with KB swings!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!