I am currently smoking my last cigarette.

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My last cigarette was May 2, 2009 - good luck to you! If you're doing it cold turkey, more power to you and don't give in to the stupid nicotine that's still in your brain for the first couple of days...

If you've taken Chantix or some other aid to quit smoking, think of all you are doing for yourself and everything that has helped you thus far! Take it a day at a time and the next thing you know, it'll be a couple of years!
  • jroszkowiak
    jroszkowiak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am starting to quit again... after many times i have tried.

1 st day 1 cig.... by this time i would have been on 5
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! The best thing that you could've done for yourself! I started smoking at the age of 11 (peer pressure) and quit on my 25th birthday in 1988. Thank god for good health since then and less wrinkles! lol Do this for you! You deserve it!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You CAN do it!! I just recently quit too, June 23 I had my last one. I had just decided I'm done and never lit another. For me it's not the nicotine, it's the desire for the act of smoking. I think way worse. My fiance' still smokes and I find myself getting annoyed now with him, it's amazing how great I feel and how much the smell of smoking bothers me now. Just take it day by day, hour by hour and find something to replace the time you would have spent smoking. I can't believe how much time I have in a day now...it's crazy!
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well done. I don't want to smoke any more but I don't want to give up smoking. I wish I could just fast forward to a time where I don't smoke :(

lol no doubt! i feel ya
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is the BEST gift you can give yourself!! I quit 25 years ago, and it was difficult, but I'm so glad I did! Not only will your health improve, but you will have more expendable income now!!

To all on this thread who have recently quit... don't go back!! :happy: :wink: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!